Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 3

I'm feeling a little down this morning and having a little cry.  Well, it's about to morph into a big cry.   I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful people who love and care for me.  I emailed artists Jack White and Mikki Senkarik.  They both beat cancer and believe strongly in the power of humor.  They're sending me something and I bet it's something to watch that will make me laugh.  Not seeing much humor in anything this morning.  My cousin's daughter wrote that she and her family prayed together for me this morning.  That made me cry again. 
I'm having a hard time praying.  Usually my morning starts with Bible study and prayer time.  My mind doesn't seem to be able to focus long enough to pray.  I miss and need that connection right now.  I know He hasn't deserted me but I am just feeling a distance. 

"I will lead the blind by a road they do not know, by paths they have not known I will guide them."  Isaiah 42:16

This verse was on the Daily Word website today.  I know it has meaning for me.  How am I going to use this road, this journey to bring me closer to my Creator?  He is giving me this opportunity to do something I've never done before.  What is it?  How am I going to turn this into something positive for me and for others? 

Okay, I did just laugh.  Out loud.  I've turned off news and have only comedy on TV.  Will and Grace on in the background.  They just found out Karen's husband Stan is not dead.
Grace: "But we had a funeral and scattered a garbage bag full of his ashes."
Will:  "Apparently that was just dirt and rice krispies."

Okay, from God to Will and Grace.  I've gotta get a grip. 
Long soak in a hot tub and then heading out for pet scan. 

Thank You God for a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment