Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 7 - A Job from God

It's Sunday and while I was getting ready for church this morning, I began to think about this blog.  The response to it has been amazing and I'm overwhelmed by the number of people checking in to see how I'm doing.  I posted before that I am going to use this journey to honor God and, somehow or other, this blog is going to be a part of it, whether it's to inspire others or to somehow help them.  I also realized it can't be just about me.  So, here is what God put on my heart to do.  I am asking everyone who comes to read this blog to click on FOLLOW at the top and sign up as a follower.  Each day I want as part of the blog to raise up someone in prayer who is fighting cancer.  Once you are a follower, you are automatically a prayer buddy and, if you will just offer up a quick prayer of healing for the person mentioned, as our numbers grow we can make a huge difference in someone else's journey. 
So, first sign up to follow and then leave a comment at the bottom of the first name of someone you know fighting cancer and what type of cancer they're fighting.  The next day, I'll ask everyone to just say a prayer for that person right then or to include them in prayers later in the day.  Just imagine if we have two hundred people praying for your friend or loved one or if we have five hundred or even one thousand prayer buddies offering up a prayer for that person.  The Lord said wherever two or more are gathered in His name, there He is also.  We all know there is power in prayer and power in numbers and Jesus is in our midst. 
I spoke this to my church family this morning.  It was pretty emotional for me and I wasn't expecting that but ....oh well.  They all came in agreement and in prayer for my healing and for what we can do with joined prayer through this blog.
As for me, Melanie and I meet with Dr Manji tomorrow, Monday, at 5 pm to go over the results of the scan and bloodwork and to decide what the next step in my healing will be.   Whatever it is, as Butch sang so beautifully this morning, I am not alone. 

As for today, please hold up Jo, Ebby's Mom, in prayer as she fights lung cancer.

Thank You God for a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment