Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 4

Yesterday wasn't exactly a pity party but I did feel way down most of the day.  Maybe because no coffee and no food until the afternoon.  Pet scan was at 11 and I didn't get out until after lunch.  Actually, the scan was pretty cool.  Everyone so nice.  I talked dogs with the lady who gave me the sugar iv.  She's an expert with a needle.  Then they put me in a quiet room in a big recliner and wrapped me in warmed blankets for about 30 minutes before the scan where I was wrapped in more warm blankets.  Yummy feeling.  Sort of like a big burrito.

During that time I read an interesting article in Newsweek.  It written by a Christian who thinks politics and organized religion is what is turning young people away from Christ.  Okay, maybe some validity in what he wrote.  But the most interesting part of the article was about Thomas Jefferson.  Jefferson did not accept a good portion of what was written in the Bible and only focused on the words and actions of Jesus.  Apparently there is a copy of his Bible at the Smithsonian that shows where he meticulously used a razor to remove those words written in red and pasted them all together in another book that he read and studied instead of the Bible itself.  Note to self:  Read more about Thomas Jefferson.  After all, who of us has the nerve to actually cut up a Bible for goodness sake.  I need to know more about him.

Back to yesterday.  I had planned to go to Whole Foods after the scan but came home and slept more.  Tried to paint and got a little done.  Slept some more.  Then finally about 7 I came to and drove to Krogers.  Have I mentioned since this thing started that I have been following pretty much an organic and vegan diet?  I just think if I'm going to be in a battle, the least I can do is use every weapon available to me.  Since I was there a few days ago, they totally revamped their produce department and doubled the organic veggie part.  They must have known I was coming.  More expensive but, believe me, you don't eat as much.  Once my new juicer gets here I'll start with the carrot/apple juicing daily.  That's supposed to be the most effective for colon cancer.  In the meantime, I am starting on the Henderson plan for curing cancer gently, if there's such a way.  His plan is based on a diet by Dr Joanna Budwig.  Mainstay is morning starts with cottage cheese/flax seed oil/berries.  Doesn't sound very appetizing but I'm sure I'll get used to it.  If that kills those little cancer cells, what do I care how it tastes.  On top of that, Dr. Joel Fuhrmann promotes GOMBS which is easy to follow.  The one thing all the philosophies have in common is that a plant based diet limiting meat and dairy, flour and sugar is the most beneficial.  Okay, I can do that.

I woke earlier this morning and with more energy.  I did have a little "why me?" sneak into my mind while I was still in bed.  It was like a spider creeping through a crevice and I stomped on it before it had time to get fully into the room.  As an aside, I do not stomp on bugs.  They have to go away on their own and if they don't do that then I'll vacuum them up.

Today is blood work this morning then going to Body Designer for some exercise.  Back here to get ready to leave early tomorrow morning for Kerrville.  There will be an artist reception at River's Edge Gallery opening a two month show of my work.  Just over night on Friday and back Saturday.  Praying for a great show and lots of sales.    Now off to fix my breakfast concoction.

Thank You God for a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Jo,
    LOVE your attitude. The show in Kerrville is just what you need. Go have fun, don't be afraid to mention the cancer. The love and hugs you get back will be healing.
    Great on the diet. So many sit back and wait for the doctors to do everything. The best results come to those SURVIVORS who take charge. YOU GO GURL. We are proud of you. Big Hugs, Mikki and Jack

    ReplyDelete