Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 293 Another Milestone/Another Recipe

I thought it would take at least three months to get to this point.  Not so.  Yay!  I went to the Y yesterday for orientation.  Young Robbie took me through the treadmill, elliptical, and all the machines.   Not where I was before surgery/chemo but I'm hugely ahead of where I expected to be.  I'm a little bit sore this morning and am so grateful for that.   Back to Body Designer today for the full body workout on the theraplex machine and then back home to paint. 

God is good.  All the studies indicate that exercise is a great cancer fighter.  I have been blessed with a strong body that took a huge hit in 2012 but I'm bouncing back.  Thank You God.

"Exalted be God, my Rock, my Savior!"  2 Samuel 22:47

I'm going to share another AA recipe with you.   After all, food is medicine.

Vegetable Stuffed Potatoes
 
2 large Idaho/russet potatoes, baked
1 cup chopped onion (AA)
1 cup chopped carrot (AA)
1 cup chopped broccoli (AA)
1 cup chopped mushrooms (AA)
3 cloves garlic, minced (AA)
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
1 tbsp olive oil (AA)
 
Heat the olive oil in a skillet and saute the onions until they're translucent.  Add mushrooms, carrots, and garlic and saute another five minutes.  Add broccoli and heat through.  I like my broccoli crunchy but if you like it softer, then just cook a little longer.  Cool before assembling.
Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the potato.  Mash and add sauteed veggies, cottage cheese and parmesan.  Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
Stuff the potatoes and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until they start to brown on top.
I have one half as a main course along with a salad but it would make a delicious side dish if you're really hungry.  Enjoy

 
 
I want to ask all my praying friends for special prayers for 12 year old Bethany who is at Texas Childrens Hospital with liver cancer and dealing now with blood clots.  You have all been so faithful in praying for the warriors fighting this horrible illness and I am grateful.
 
Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You Father for this glorious day.  You are the Great Physician, the healer of all ills.  I am asking today that You bless Bethany with Your healing mercies as You touch her, her physicians and her family so that she is cured of all evidence of blood clots and of cancer anywhere in her body.  I ask, Lord, that You eliminate it so completely that she will never have to deal with cancer again.
Thank You Lord for everything You do for each of us every day.  I am so blessed and grateful to be one of Your children.  Help me to make this beautiful day one of glorifying You in everything I do.
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above cancer, the name above all names.
Amen
 



No comments:

Post a Comment