Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 298 Good News and Not So Good News

I am just back from Dr. Popatia to go over the labs from yesterday and to get my port flushed.
The labs............ Cancer numbers are down from two months ago.  They're still higher than they were before surgery but at least they have come down.  That's good.  Thank You God.

White blood cell count is up from two months ago but still way below where it needs to be.  Seems like the effects of chemo are still lingering.  Still good news.  Thank You God.

Liver enzymes which should be down are even higher than they were two months ago.  They have gone up steadily for months.  According to Dr. P, it can be an indicator of either liver disease or bone disease.  Liver disease is a typical progression of colon cancer and I admit I feel pretty bummed about this and had a mini meltdown on the way home.  Still feeling weepy so am going to have to get a grip on this. 

Next step is a pet scan.  I'm waiting to hear from the office to see when it's scheduled for.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I thought this journey was over.  I want this journey to be over.  If it's Your will that I have to travel further, I accept it and will continue to do everything I can to bring You honor every day.
Thank You, Father, for blessing me, for loving me and for healing me.
I love You Lord.  You are my all.
In Jesus precious name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment