Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 300 Better

Two days of being weepy and feeling sorry for myself are over.   I know the elevated liver enzymes don't necessarily mean cancer has spread to my liver, but it was my first thought and I have to admit that for a while I felt alone and abandoned by God.   I was just feeling like I've been through so much and have remained faithful through it all, how could He possibly allow me to face more.  Not a question to ask. 

I have worked hard to heal from the effects of chemo.  I work daily to strengthen my body through eating the right food and exercise.  I will tell you, however, that after leaving Dr. P's office, I drove thru McD's for the first time in weeks and had a big old McFlurry with M&Ms.  Talk about comfort food, it wasn't what I needed or even what I  wanted but for some reason it did make me feel a little better.

So, this morning I woke with a song in my heart and a spring in my step.  I feel like I can face anything and I feel so blessed and grateful for my family, for my church, for my art and my art family, and most of all for God's love and protection.  He is good, all the time. 

Pet Scan is set for Tuesday and I'll get the results on Thursday.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and angels, but have not love (for God), I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. "   1 Corinthians 13:1

Heavenly Father, Jehovah Rapha,
I do love You.  I hope my words and actions are a reflection of that love in everything I do every day.
Please forgive me for two days of doubt and self pity.  I am stronger than that and I know You are there for me to take me through whatever is to come.
I am asking in the name of Jesus Christ that You heal me.  I am prepared for a battle that I pray I don't have to fight.  
Thank You for this glorious day. 
It's all You Lord.  All You.
In the name of Jesus Christ, the name above cancer, the name above all names.
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment