Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 307 Not Done Yet

I am still on an emotional high from finding out that there was no longer any cancer in my body.  I feel so blessed and so grateful, so happy to be a child of the Most High. 

"But for you the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings and you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall."  Malachi 4:2

I really thought that once I was declared cancer free, that I would conclude writing in this journal, close it up and be finished.  Then I received word yesterday about our friend Ruth that we prayed for months back.   She had been declared healed after four years of chemo for lung cancer.  When she went for a checkup recently, spots were found on both lungs.  I'm not sure if she goes back into chemo or what, but she is in need of our healing prayers and for us to lift her up in light and love. 

That was a reminder to me that once done with cancer doesn't mean done forever.  It tells me that it requires a life long vigilance to be as careful with our bodies as we can, to revere them and to give thanks daily for the blessings of good health.  It seems to me that to thank God for our good health and then to do nothing to preserve it is sort of like thanking God for the influx of new money and then flushing that money down the toilet. 

Next for me is to set a time for a colonoscopy which I'll have done annually for a while.  :(  Then to find out why my liver enzymes are so high.  Often that's a sign of liver cancer but not this time.  Praise God.  Chances are it's chemo induced with no permanent damage.  I'll continue to share antiangionenesis recipes here and continue to ask for your prayers for other cancer warriors.  I hope you'll continue to allow us to pray for your friends and family that are fighting this same enemy.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I thank You for another gorgeous and glorious day here on this earth that You spoke into existence.  I love You and promise to honor You in all I do today.
Lord, I ask Your healing mercies on Ruth.  She has had a long journey and even though it seems the journey is not over, just bless her, love her, comfort her and show her doctors exactly what to do to eradicate this enemy from her body so completely that it never returns.
I thank You Father for healing me, for everyone who prayed for that healing and for the medical staff that You directed that healing through. 
You are the one true God, the Great Physician.
Thank You, Father,  Thank You.
These things I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen




3 comments:

  1. Great news - so happy for you. Prayers are answered!! They only gave my step-son 2 years to live - he finished his treatments 2 years ago and is still cancer free. Stay close to God - he makes all the decisions and he does listen to our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me do that again with some spell check, K?
      Yes!
      The Great Physician is the God I know.
      Father, Son and Holy Spirit .
      To all these Fathers, I lift my prayers of worship up on high.

      Father,
      I had no doubt of the winner in this battle.
      Jo is strong, determined and all that You made woman to be.
      A giver of life, a Mother, a friend.
      Quick to fight but just as quick to laugh and to love.
      Thank you God, for carrying her when she could not walk.
      Thank You for comforting her in the darkest of nights.
      Thank You God from whom all blessings flow....
      In the name of your Son, Jesus.

      Amen



      Delete