Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 297 A Full Time Job

I am starting to realize that taking proper care of myself is almost a full time job.   First and foremost is the food I eat.   I have almost completely given up restaurants and drive thru.  I feel that not knowing who is preparing your food and whether or not they are healthy has a big influence on how rapidly flu and stomach viruses are spread. 

Since I try to eat as much fresh food as possible, grocery shopping takes time.  It isn't just a once a week trip but several times a week.   I have found it is important to have lots of prepared food on hand not to give in to running to BK for a Whopper Jr. or Jack in the Box for some tacos.  Oh, that thought just made my mouth water.  So, that means lots of cooking from scratch. 

Next is exercise.   Diet and exercise means "thinner" to most people.  To me, it now means "stronger and healthier".   I exercise to build back the muscle mass that I lost from almost seven months on the couch.  I exercise to build back white blood cell count.  I exercise to help my body fight cancer and other diseases. 

Today, I went for labwork in preparation of visiting with my oncologist tomorrow.  Then I went grocery shopping for some veggies and ground turkey to make a veggie turkey meatloaf.  Then to Body Designer for a full body workout there.  Back home and am prepping the meatloaf, then I'll paint the rest of the afternoon.  To keep diet and exercise in proper perspective, it takes self-discipline. 

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7

I'll be visiting my oncologist for the first time tomorrow since finishing chemo.  We'll look at the results of blood tests taken today and I'm looking for three things.  First and most important is that cancer numbers are down.  Since chemo really affected my liver resulting in enzymes elevated to the point that they compared to someone with cirrhosis of the liver, I'm looking for normal liver enzymes.  I'm also looking for a normal blood count.   If you're wondering...... yes, I'm a little nervous but I know that God has my back. 

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I thank You for this glorious and beautiful day.  I am so grateful for another day here on earth.
Lord, I know that You are there for me tomorrow.  I know that I am healed, regardless of what the reports may say.   I know that I am in Your hands and I am trusting You for the best outcome. 
I love You Lord.  I could not have made this journey so far without You.  You are my all, my everything.
Thank You, Lord.  Thank You.
In Jesus name I pray.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment