Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 390 Faith, Fitness, Fuel

Exercise is not a fave for me.  I try but it just isn't something I love doing.  I know, however, how important it is for me to incorporate exercise into a healthy lifestyle so that I can better serve God.  I want to share a recent discovery.  You may already know about Faithful Workouts, but if you don't, well........you do now.

Michelle Spadafora is the founder of this 30 minute daily workout that is televised on the NRB channel.  Cardio plus weights make it a well rounded workout, done to contemporary Christian music and with Michelle's inspired testimony throughout.  I love it.  Between walking and yoga at the Y, I had been doing no cardio and I have to confess that it took me a couple of weeks to be able to do the full 30 minutes on FW.  Shameful to admit but only truth here.  So, I have the alarm set on my phone and I stop whatever I'm doing, three days a week and work out with Michelle.  If you're not at home when Faithful Workouts comes on, you can buy a dvd at www.faithfulworkouts.com.   I have found that most of the exercise shows on Christian networks are subdued, not very challenging and just no fun.  Love this one.  Hope you will too.

Michelle uses the phrase, "Faith, Fitness, Fuel" on her website as she shares words of faith, the importance of exercise and eating the right foods to fuel out bodies.  Speaking of fuel, mine is about to take a drastic turn for the next few days.  I'm scheduled for my first colonoscopy since being diagnosed with colon cancer last year.  I know I shouldn't be apprehensive but I am.  I should not doubt but, like a sneaky little spider, it works it's way into my mind.  My oncologist told me I could have the portocath through which I was given the chemo removed but I decided to wait until after the colo. 

I know how dangerous fear and doubt can be.   When Job said, "What I feared has come to pass," it proved that fear can create an opening through which the enemy can enter.  In this case, the enemy is cancer.  So along with an incredibly unhealthy diet of no meat, fruits, dairy or veggies the next couple of days, I plan to spend a lot of time with the Lord.  First I have to ask forgiveness for my doubt and then ask for His help in shoring up my faith.  I know that all I have to do is go back to all the miracles He has already done in my life.  Why do I forget those?  I guess it is just human nature.  Sigh...........

Good news to share about our friend, Frank.  His inoperable and incurable lung cancer is still gone after several months since treatment ended.  His job now is to gain weight and then the doctors will focus on another area of concern in a kidney.  He is a cancer victor once and will be again.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
We just want to thank You and give You all the praise, honor, and glory for directing the right treatment for Frank so that his battle with the enemy is moving forward in such a positive way.  We ask that You strengthen His body so he can continue the fight until there are no more cancer cells left in his body.
Father, I thank You for the good reports that are coming my way next week.  First for the colonoscopy to show no more dangerous areas in my colon and my visit with the oncologist next Thursday to report that my liver is back to normal and cancer markers in my bloodwork are continuing to come down.
You, Lord, have done so much for Frank and so much for me and we are so grateful.  We ask that You continue to do that work so we can be examples of Your grace and mercy and that You still perform miracles every day.
These things we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment