Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 394 Feel The Pain

I was chastising myself this morning for the time I have spent watching tv and on the internet following the tragedy in Moore, Ok.  I have cried along with the parents and the children and the survivors and the people searching for loved ones.   Then this morning I received this word.   It is okay to follow that story because only in understanding and feeling the pain of others can we pray for them with a true spirit of understanding.

Yesterday I prayed for peace.  It wasn't just peace for the ones going through the tragedy, but I selfishly included myself in that prayer because I need peace too.  But, you know what?  God is there in the pain and God is there in the tragedy and God is certainly there in the peace.  Only through Him can we find the peace we're searching for.   He cries with us in our sadness and desperation and He heals our wounds and He gives us the peace that passes all understanding. 

"And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ."    Phillipians 4:7

"You know the message God sent to the people of Israel announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ who is the Lord of all."  Acts 10:36

Don't you love God's word there?   You know the message!   He is reminding us that we know the message, we know where our peace comes from.  No matter what is going on around us, Jesus is there to bring us hope and it is only through the hope that He is, that we will find true peace.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
We thank You today Father and we thank You everyday for the gift of peace and hope that is Your Son, Jesus Christ.  We thank You for giving us a spirit of empathy and compassion so that we can feel the pain of others and, through that pain, truly bless them with our prayers. 
We thank You for the peace that transcends all understanding.  We ask that peace for our friends in Oklahoma as they deal with such severe losses.  We thank You for that peace for our friends Lisa, and Bryce and his family and for Bella and her family and for Frank and for Mary as they deal with the war they are fighting against cancer.  Give each of them a heart of hope and of peace as they wage this daily battle.
I ask your favor and blessings and peace for myself today Father as I visit the oncologist to go over the blood tests I took last week.  I am standing on Your promises of healing and I know he will tell me that  the bad numbers are down and the good numbers are up. 
Thank You Father for all You do for us every day.  Thank You for being there for us in every minute of every day.  Thank You for the joy of knowing Your peace, Your love, and Your hope.
In the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment