Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 373 New Beginning

Yesterday when I walked past a front window, I noticed that some new people are moving into the house directly across the street from me.  That house has a lot of history.  When I first moved to this neighborhood to be near my daughter after the transplant, it was occupied by a family of a mom, dad, and four children.  She was the director of a small Christian school and he worked for the prison system.  Over the years we would wave and I would talk with the children when they were outside. 

One Christmas Eve day, I noticed more than normal activity at that house.  I just assumed that it was family in for the holiday but later came to learn that while the dad was at work, mom and the kiddos were moving out and going to her parent's house.  That night when the dad realized what happened, he went to his inlaws house and took the life of his wife and her mother who was also a pastor.  The house sat sad and empty for many months.  Then finally, another young family moved in and then they left and another family moved in and they left last month and another family is now moving in.

I'm sure they know the sadness of what happened to the first family that lived there but in spite of it there seemed to be an excitement and expectancy about the new tenants.  It is like a new beginning for them and also a new beginning for the house.  When I paint my landscapes, there is always a prominent highlighted horizon which for me represents hope and a new beginning. 

That same sense of hope and new beginning is what I experience almost every day when I start into my time of study and prayer.  Ephesians 4:23-25 reminds us to

" .. to be made new in the attitude of our minds and to put on the new self, created to be like God..."

Being cancer free has given me a new attitude and a new self.  Being counted as a child of the Most High gives me daily a new attitude and a new self.  Sometimes, like yesterday, I need a little reminder but God is so gracious in always allowing me to find exactly what I need to find in His word.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You so much for Your inspired Word.  Thank You for recording and passing down the history of Your children so we can use that history as a roadmap of what all You can do for those who love and obey You.
Lord, I ask special healing and good reports for our friend Lynn's son, Scott, today as he finds out whether he needs to be added to a list for a heart transplant.  Show Your goodness and mercy and bless him with the good news that we know can only come from You.  Let this be a turning point for him in his health, one of hope and a new beginning.
These things I pray in the healing name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment