Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 396 Happy, Happy, Happy

I prayed and yesterday my prayers were answered in such a profound way.  I know I shouldn't be but I still am feeling a little sense of shock.   I wrote that I was going to my oncologist on Wednesday.  Got dressed, ready to go, took a last look at my calendar and the appointment was actually on Thursday.  Sigh............  All that buildup for nothing but it gave me another day of prayer before seeing the results of my latest blood tests.

First of all, the test for cancer cells in the blood should be between 0 and 4.7 for normal.  Mine were 3.5!   Thank You God.   Then my liver enzymes............they're good.  They were just a smidgen above normal after being three times higher than they should have been for months.  Blood count was up which is great.  That means my immune system is back doing its job.  

All of this means it is time to let go of my security blanket and get the port taken out.  I will never need it again.  I have already made an appointment with the surgeon to have that removed next Friday.  My oncologist told me in February that I could have it taken out but my doubts lingered and I wanted to wait until after the colonoscopy and I wanted to wait until the cancer numbers came down and I think I was actually afraid to have it removed.
Father, forgive my unbelief.

What an incredible feeling of gratitude, of relief and of joy.  I just wish I could share that feeling with every other cancer warrior that we  pray for here.   Yesterday was 13 months to the day since my diagnosis and I am already healed.  Wow.   It seems like I've been living with this forever and then it seems like the healing came so fast. 

Yes, I still have side effects from the six months of chemo.  My hair has stopped falling out though.  I tried to fix it this week like I used to wear it and it's just sort of fuzzy so I'm probably back to just slicking it back again for a while.  I'm getting back feeling in my hands and my feet.  It now feels when I walk like I'm walking barefoot on rice krispies.  Really weird.  I almost expect to hear the crunch.  A new side effect has popped up and that is when it gets warm and I perspire, it's like needle pricks all over my torso and up my neck.  I'm thinking that's just temporary too and another six months and all of this will be gone.  Whatever the side effects, it was well worth it.

So, as I start on this next chapter in my life, I want to show my gratitude every day to my Heavenly Father for getting me through this.   I am resolved to be a warrior for Him and to continue to encourage others to care for their bodies in a way that would please Him and that would keep them in the best condition possible to serve Him.  I will probably continue this journal as it makes me happy to bring people together in prayer for others going through what I have been through.  Life is good and I am happy, happy, happy.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
You have given me such an amazing life.  You have taken me through the fire and allowed me to emerge stronger and better and more faithful than I might ever have been otherwise.  You have shown me love and compassion that I could only have imagined before.
Father, there are so many like me dealing with cancer.  Please touch each one of them and let them know that You are there for them every step of the way.  Open their hearts and their minds to Your word and to Your healing and to the future that they have after cancer.  Let them know that there is life after cancer and it can be even better than it ever was before.
Father, I just give You all the praise and honor and glory for my healing and I ask Your blessing on every single person who prayed for me through this journey. 
I love You, Lord.  I love You.
In Jesus' precious name.
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment