Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 372 Grumpy Gus

I woke this morning at 3:30am.  Wide awake!  I thought probably that God had something specific to communicate with me about.  The Bible is full of references to "three in the afternoon"  so that has to be an important time of day but nothing about "three in the morning".  Well, I got nothing.  No connection.  No word.  I should have remembered that when He does give me a word, it is always unexpected and a huge surprise.  So, by 4:30, I gave up and fixed  coffee and some breakfast.  No study, I dressed and went to the grocery store and got my shopping out of the way.  Back home, I thought maybe a nap.  Not to be.  Between Chipper bathing his bed and Crystal snoring and the fridge running, I gave up again.  I decided while I was still dressed in street clothes to go ahead and ship some paintings so that is now out of the way as well.

The results are that I'm foggy headed and more than a little grumpy.  I'm going to have to pray my way out of this and, thank You God,  I know that I can.  I hate to have another cup of coffee.  I usually stick to just one but today may have to be an exception.  So, coffee first so I don't fall asleep while I'm praying, then into painting clothes and back into the studio.   If you are creative, and everyone is, I want to share a prayer from Marianne Williamson for creativity.  I read it every morning when I go into the studio before I start painting and it just seems to get my work off to the best start.

Dear God,
I dedicate this work to you.
Imprint Your mind upon it.
Fly with it unto the heavens.
Use it to shower Your love onto the world.
Thank You for Your faith in me that such a glorious mission has been placed in my hands.
Amen

If you log onto Facebook today, please go to the page for Sparkle on Sadie.  She's an 8 year old girl from Magnolia that we've prayed for before.  She was diagnosed with brain cancer this past December.  She spent time at St. Jude's and is back home now to finish her treatment.  Her Mom wrote yesterday asking for big prayers for Sadie's blood count to come up.  I'm sure the radiation and chemo have effected her count and it makes her so susceptible to other illnesses and harder to fight the cancer.  So, please include Sadie in your prayers today.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Please forgive me for grumbling over a little lost sleep.  Thank You for putting it into perspective for me.  In the long run, it is such a little thing, so small not even to be counted.
Lord, I thank You for the privilege to pray for others, especially children, fighting this hated enemy.  I ask that Your healing Spirit move mightily within Sadie today, strengthening her for the battle ahead.  She has shown herself to be such a courageous warrior.  Let her finish this and emerge as a shining example of Your love and mercy. 
In the name of Jesus Christ, the name above pain, the name above cancer, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment