Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 407 A Coincidence? I Think Not

God is so amazing and I just love Him so much.  Yesterday I wrote in my journal about Joshua and Caleb seeing past any fear of the giants that were facing them to the victory that God has assured them was theirs.  It's a wonderful story and hearing Jesse's experience makes it more real than ever.

This morning I woke about 2:30am.  Now, for me, that is a little bit too early to read or study so I moved to my favorite couch where I spent the better part of last year and turned the tv on with the volume low.  I watched cooking shows and late news shows and early news shows and then switched to a random Christian station and promptly fell asleep.  That was God sending me back to sleep because He woke me, refreshed, at precisely the time when the subject of discussion on a particular show was the rest of the story that I wrote about yesterday.

Sounds a little like Paul Harvey, doesn't it?  The rest of the story.............  It may have been coincidence for me to wake at that exact time but then I've always heard that coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.  Anyway, back to the rest of the story.  Before attacking Jericho, which stood in the way of the Israelites reaching the promised land, Joshua sent two spies to check things out and they went directly to the home of Rahab.  She knew who they were, hid them and told them that the people of Jericho were "melting with fear."  Can you imagine?  Here the Israelites were frightened of the giants and the giants were melting with fear of the Israelites.  God was setting up Jericho for the defeat that was coming.  He was quietly, anonymously, working in the background for the victory of His children.   His words to them are just as reassuring today as they were then.

"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for Your word.  Thank You for reminding us that no matter how large the giants look right now for those dealing with cancer, that You are quietly working in the background, working out the way for their victory.  Thank You for showing us that we don't need to be afraid or discouraged because You are with us wherever we go.
Lord, today we hold up young Bryce to you.  He has finished a grueling round of chemo and is now having a hard time keeping food down.  We ask, Father, that you calm his stomach, strengthen his body and give him the stamina he needs to defeat every cancer cell in his body so profoundly that it will soon be only a distant memory in his life.
We also hold up my friend, Jo, to You.  She is fighting lung cancer for a third time and is growing weary.   Lord, You have healed her twice.  Three is such a powerful number and we know that her third healing will be a complete one.  Please give her the strength and fortitude to withstand whatever is required so that she can continue to worship You and be a shining example of Your healing mercies.
These things we ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above cancer, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment