Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 411 Cancer Schmancer

Don't you love it?   That's Fran Drescher's term for cancer.  No more elevating it to a supreme bugaboo.   Put it under our feet where it belongs.

Saturday night I looked at "Favorites" on my computer.  It is a list of websites that I've bookmarked over the last few years.  I was surprised and excited to see some and others ..........  not so much.  So, I began to edit.

Colorectal Cancer ....................  Deleted!
Stages of Colon Cancer ...................Deleted!
Treatment for Colon Cancer ....................Deleted!
Chemotherapy for Colorectal Cancer....................Deleted!

COLON CANCER............DELETED!!

That was cleansing.  Then I found something, a song I had saved for several years and that I had forgotten about.  It is one of the most touching and loving sounds I have ever heard.   It was exactly what I needed at the time I first discovered it and it still brings me huge comfort.  So, turn up the volume, settle back, maybe grab a tissue and enjoy.

"He Loved Me Then, He Loves Me Now."

http://www.kaneva.com/asset/assetDetailsLandingPage.aspx?assetId=35333&communityId=0


Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
You have given such amazing words and voice to some of Your children and we are so grateful when they share it with the rest of us.  Thank You for loving us, no matter what.  We love You too.
Lord, today we ask special healing mercies on Bryce who is still having trouble keeping food down, even though he is through with chemo.  Give him the strength today to absorb all the nutrients of food that he is given.
We ask special healing mercies on our friend Lisa.  She starts the process this week of totally suppressing her immune system so the healthy stem cells can be reimplanted.   It is a painful and debilitating process.   Let her know, Lord, that You are there with her.  Surround her with Your love and comfort in such a tangible way that there is no doubt that she is one of Your beloved children.
We ask that these two are soon able to put cancer under their feet, to tread on it and that they are soon able to delete it from their lives.
In Jesus precious name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment