Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 425 Walking A Tightrope

First of all, let me say that I DO NOT LIKE HEIGHTS!   Every time this week the promo came on TV for Nik Wallenda's walk across the Grand Canyon, I had to switch stations.  I simply couldn't watch it.  About five minutes into the walk, my cousin Bobby called me and told me that Nik was talking with Jesus the whole time he was walking.   So, with nerves stretched and my heart pounding, I had to watch.

Jesse Turner who spoke at church yesterday used the circus and a tightrope walker as a metaphor for a day in the life of a Christian.  He mentioned several times to be sure that "you know that you know that you know that you know" who your Savior is and where your salvation lies.  Nik Wallenda exhibited that yesterday. 

"I keep my eyes always on the Lord.  With Him at my right hand I will not be shaken."
Psalm 16:8

Nik was focused.  He tried to talk during the walk and quickly found out that in order to make it across the Grand Canyon, 1500 feet up in the air with no safety net, he had to be focused and his focus was on Jesus.  The words of praise that came from his mouth were beautiful and inspiring.  The Bible says that God inhabits the praise of His children.  He was there next to Nik.  Nik knew that he knew that he knew that he knew that he knew that Jesus was his Savior.  He knew that Jesus was his safety net.  He displayed a peace that passes all understanding for most of us who simply cannot comprehend  how or why a human being would attempt such a feat. 

What an incredible platform from which to share his love of Jesus and his total trust in Him.  Milllions watched Nik accomplish the seemingly impossible while keeping his eyes on Jesus.  So, I wonder what your seemingly impossible feat to accomplish today is and will you keep your eyes focused on Jesus?   I'm going to do my best to follow Nik's example and through everything today I will tell Him how much I love Him and how He is my everything.  He has proven over and over that He will see us through if we just ask and He will do it again for us today. 

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for bringing Nik safely across the Grand Canyon last night.  That You for the example he is that with You, anything is possible.  Thank You for keeping the tightrope of life steady for us today and the winds light.  We can only make it across with our eyes focused on You.
Lord, thank You for bringing our young friend Tony through his surgery safely on Friday.  The doctors successfully removed the diseased appendix along with a small mass that was growing where his cancerous kidney used to be and it was sent to pathology.  We are asking, in Your name, Jesus, for a good report.   We are asking in Your name that the mass is nothing to even be concerned about.  Only You can do that Lord.
We thank You for bringing healing to this nation Lord.  Cancer is so much more prevalent today than ever before.  We ask You to heal our bodies and to heal our spirits.  Show us how to live for you, honoring You with everything we do. 
We love You, Jesus.  We love You and give You all the praise, honor and glory.
In Jesus' precious name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment