Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 429 No Coincidences

I have written often that there are no coincidences, that a coincidence is just God's way of staying anonymous.   He was so present in the coincidence that happened to me today and I'm excited to tell you about it.

First of all, it's summer time in Texas.  Whew.......   I had errands to run and a little after noon my stomach started to growl.  I decided to stop at Firehouse Subs for a quick lunch because I had never been there before but also because it's located sort on the backside of a shopping center so I thought it probably wouldn't be crowded.   Not so.   It was packed and after I made my order and paid, there were no empty tables.   I saw a woman sitting alone at a table obviously waiting for a to go order so I asked if I might sit at the table with her.  She smiled, said yes and shortly after picked up her order and left.  Right behind her a woman walked up to the table with the same request I had just made, so I asked her to have a seat.  Coincidentally, we had ordered the same thing and our orders came out right behind each other so we started up a casual conversation while we ate.

As we began to learn more about each other, we began to ask questions.  She asked if I did art shows and I said yes, that I had until last year when I was diagnosed with colon cancer.  She stopped and looked at me with a stunned expression on her face.  Then she shared with me that she had just finished treatment for rectal cancer and that God keeps putting people in her life who have cancer or have been healed of cancer.  It happens over and over.

As you can imagine, we began to share our experiences.  The conversation quickly turned to our faith, our love for Jesus and the miracles He has performed in our life.  We walked outside and, in the heat, continued to share our praise and wonder for the goodness of God.  In the end, we exchanged cards and intend to stay in touch with each other.   And so, I've made a new friend, a precious Christian woman who understands what I've been through and that I can understand what she's been through.  She shared this important scripture with me that I want to share with you.

" Affliction shall not rise up the second time."  Nahum 1:9

That is her prayer, that once we are done with cancer, we're done with it.... physically.   I don't think anyone who has been through cancer will ever be done with it psychologically.  Any time you have an illness where your life is threatened by a disease and where you have to become sicker in order to become better, the memory of the journey remains a part of your life forever.   But the good part, and there is a good part,  of it is that your relationship with Jesus and His healing mercies remain an even greater part of your life.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I know that what I had today was a blessed encounter that You arranged and I thank You.  How awesome You are to put the two of us together so that we might praise You and share the wonder of Your greatness.  I serve an amazing God and, for You, nothing is impossible.
I ask today, Father, that You continue to guide the medical community in developing cures for cancer that will no longer involve chemo and radiation.  You would never let an affliction come on Your children without there being a way to eradicate it. 
Thank You for the testimonies of all those who have been cured of cancer medically and for all those who have been cured supernaturally.  Let those of us who have had cancer use it as a platform from which to proclaim Your glory.   Let each warrior and survivor feel your healing Spirit moving mightily within them right now so they are healed so completely that the affliction of cancer does not return a second time.  Thank You for everything, Father.  Thank You.
In the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the name above pain, the name above cancer, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment