Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 164 God's Timing, Not Ours

I read most morning from several different inspirational books in addition to the Bible.  This morning they all came together in a most inspired way and I just have to share it with you.
Growing up on a diet of television, we have become accustomed to results within 30 minutes.  Real life doesn't work that way.  Everything I read this morning was about God's timing. 

David said in Psalms 31:15  "My times are in your hands."   And in Psalms 37:7  "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him."  And in Psalms 37:9 "..but those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth."

Laurie Dodds writes in her book, Regret, Rehearse,Rejoice:
"The unexpected, unpredictable, confusing, and amazing times are in His hand.  God is at work in all our times."

And from Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman:  "Apparent advercity will ultimately become an advantage to those of us doing what is right, if we are willing to keep serving and to wait patiently."

And, by waiting patiently, "The Lord blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the first."
Job 42:14

You may not see the correlation that I am seeing in these but I know that I am so much more blessed through this trial than I ever would have been otherwise.  I am grateful for new friends and prayer partners.  I am blessed by sharing words that have helped others.  God is so good and so perfect in His timing.  How would I have handled this if it had come 10 years ago.  Much differently I think.  Not that I've handled it in the best way all of the time, but I am learning patience and waiting on God.  I don't have to resolve everything myself.  I can't resolve everything myself. 

I'm sitting here now, writing, with a needle into a port in my chest that is a constant irritation but it comes out in 3 hours and I'll be free of it for another 10 days.  I'm sitting here now, nauseated, writing, but  have taken one med and as soon as I visit the dr, I'll take another med and sleep some of the nausea off.  I have finished Round 7 of  joy juice and am patiently waiting for 8 - 12 whereas a few short weeks ago I was not able to see the end of this and ready to give up.   I am not anxious that I was only able to paint 3 days in the last two weeks.  Those few hours were hours of satisfying accomplishment.  Maybe this cycle, I'll be able to paint even more days.  However many hours or days, I accept with gratitude.  As Mel often reminds me, "God's got your back."  And He does. 
So, from this place of peace and patience today, I send lots of love and prayers.

But first, a praise report.  Friend Ruth who had a petscan earlier this week received the good report we were praying for.  Darlene's Chanel had successful surgery and the tumor was just under the skin and doctor's report was very encouraging.   Praise God.  I gained 3 lbs over the last two weeks and Dr. P was so excited I thought he was going to dance a jig.  Kidney function - perfect.  Praise God for giving me two really strong ones because one is now giving Mel a much healthier life and the other is taking care of me through cancer and treatment.   Blood platelets down but Dr. P says that a sign of "good chemo working."  I'm happy.

Father God, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for another glorious day on this beautiful earth that you breathed into creation.  Thank You for hearing the prayers of Your children and, in Your own timing, answering every one of them. 
Help us to release any anger or unforgiveness that may be hiding in our hearts today, Lord.  Resentment and unforgiveness are like another cancer that eats away at our souls instead of our bodies.  We know that we must first forgive others before You can forgive us. 
We ask a special blessing today on every warrior out there fighting cancer and for every care giver fighting along side of them.  Hold them in the palm of Your hand today, giving them peace, confidence and patience.
We pray these things in the name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment