Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 184 Up Down Up Down Up Up Up

I had a good night's sleep and woke this morning feeling fairly energetic.  Thank You Father.  I did get out yesterday for a few groceries which always makes me happy because the walk around the store is the most exercise I'm getting lately.  Took care of bills and did a little cleaning.  My plan for today is to paint.  Praise God. 

I was contacted by a new follower yesterday who said God led her to my blog because her husband had just been diagnosed with colon cancer.  Prayers today for this new friend's husband that the report comes back good and the cancer has not spread. 

Friend Renee is back at work while having radiation treatments daily.  What a warrior she is.  Thank You God for her healing. 

Psalm 91 is my favorite chapter for God's protection.  This morning I read an earlier chapter in Psalm and this verse is almost a precursor to Psalm 91.

"O God.  All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings."    Psalm 36:7

Then I read this statement in the book, Regret, Rehearse, Rejoice:

"Look for God in the midst of all circumstances."

We have to know He is there in order to take refuge in the shadow of His wings.  Someone once said to me that feeling God's presence was like putting on a overcoat, wrapping himself up in God's love and protection.  I like that.  I know that whenever I turn my thoughts to God, I am immediately wrapped in that love and protection, that I can feel it and I can block out all fear and negativity.   What an awesome God we serve.

Father God, Jehovah Rapha,
I humble myself before You this morning in gratitude for another beautiful day, another productive day, and the knowledge that You are here with me right now.  How amazing to feel Your presence and not just think it.  Thank You Father, thank You.
I ask special healing mercies on our new friend whose husband has just been diagnosed with colon cancer.  I am asking for a good report that the cancer is contained and has not spread.  Whatever the report, we know that Your report is the only one that matters.
Thank You Father for stealing Renee to weather the treatments to send cancer running from her body never to return.  She is one of Your special children and we're so grateful for her healing.
I am asking strength and fortitude for everyone out there fighting cancer today.  Make each one of them a victor in this battle.
In the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment