Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 177 Midnight Musings

It's day 177, barely.  A little after midnight and I'm wide awake.   Tuesday's infusion went well.  I'm all hooked up for today and tomorrow.  Bloodwork was good as well except white blood cells are very low.  I'll go back in on Friday for a shot that will force the bone marrow to manufacture more white cells and Dr. P says I should only need the one shot since I ONLY HAVE FOUR MORE TREATMENTS TO GO!!  Yay!!!

Not sure why I'm up so early except that I had to medicate on Monday and slept about fourteen hours Monday night.  Guess I'm all caught up.  Went to sleep last night around nine and up at twelve.  I hope by the time I'm finished writing my little eyes will start to feel droopy and I can go back to sleep.

I was thinking again while I was at Dr. P's for infusion yesterday how lucky I am.  We all looked like we were wrapped in cocoons.  Each of us in a recliner, a neck pillow behind our head and wrapped up tightly in  one or two blankets.  During the hours I'm there, I hear about what other patients are dealing with.  One lady yesterday who drove many miles to come to Dr. P for treatment is also dealing with diabetes.  Part of the chemo cocktail is delivered with a healthy dose of steroids.  The steroids makes her blood sugar spike and, in addition to the chemo, they have to work to balance her diabetes meds with the steroids.  One elderly lady has a large tumor that is causing her much pain.  Dr. P is working to shrink it with chemo before she has surgery.  She's so sick she has to have someone help her to walk to the restroom.  Some people have family that come with them for help.  Some people have hired nurses that come in with them and stay during treatment and a chauffer to drive them home.  In comparison, I am healthy and strong.  I'm able to drive myself, do  my own housework.....barely....., paint enough to get my bills paid,  take care of my animals and my plants, and praise the Lord for all He has done for me.

"But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them sing for You.  Spread Your protection over them."    Psalm 5:11

"Then Your light shall break forth like the dawn, and Your healing shall spring up quickly"
Isaiah 58:8

What an awesome God we serve.  I am so grateful for every little thing.  Yesterday when I went for my McD coffee, I just had to thank Him for that coffee and for being able to drive to get it and for having the  money to pay for it.  When I stepped out of my car, the feeling of gratitude hit me like a jolt of electricity.  I say this in my prayer often, but it's all Him.  All Him.  All my good is from God and I know it.  He is the unfailing source of my healing, my supply, and He has plans for me and I am grateful.  I don't know those plans but whatever they are, I know they are for my highest good, either now or later. 

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I humbly kneel before You in gratitude for everything You do for me.  I thank You for the largest and the smallest blessings.  I know they are all from You.
Father, I ask today for healing for the lady with diabetes and for the lady with the tumor in her abdomen.  Let Your light break forth and Your healing spring up quickly.  I thank You in advance for what You are doing for each of them.
Help me today, Lord, to keep You in my every thought and every deed, in every breath.  It is only through You that I have the wonderful life that I have.  I feel the love You have for me and I love You too.  Thank You Father.  Thank You.
In Jesus' precious name, the name above diabetes, the name above cancer, the name above tumors, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment