Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 186 Hope!

I woke this morning feeling great.  Thank You God.  I felt excited and hopeful for all the good things to come.  I began to think about decorating for Christmas, working up flowerbeds in the spring, turning the soil in my little raised gardens for veggies and herbs, repainting the living room, rehabbing some antiques.  Pretty ambitious, huh?!  I know that after I finish with joy juice, I'll have to start to work on my strength.  Body Designer and maybe a free yoga class for cancer survivors at Memorial Hermann. 

I often stay so focused on right now that I don't look ahead.  Maybe I need to do more looking ahead.  I have learned not to plan too much for one day but it's hard not to take advantage and overdo it on days that I feel like this.

It's all about hope, hope and standing on the promises of God. 

" but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."              Isaiah 40:31

This morning I sat down at my desk in the bedroom for the first time in a long while.  My little One Minute Devotional was still at April 23rd, the day I was first diagnosed with cancer.  What a toll I have allowed this condition to take on my life.  I used to study there every morning and write my "morning pages" - I'll tell you more about those another time.  I haven't been there for six months.  I just moved to the couch where I ailed and felt sorry for myself.  Not to say I won't have more of those days but maybe this is the beginning of the end of them. 

Father God, Jehovah Rapha,
I humbly thank You for this beautiful and glorious day.  I thank You for the energy and sense of well being that I am feeling today.  I know that I'm walking in Your favor today and nothing can keep me down and I am grateful.
Lord, I want to share this good feeling with all my fellow warriors fighting cancer today.  I want to send this same sense of hope and strength to each one of them as they fight their individual battles. Let them know that the time is in sight when they will soar again on wings like eagles, and will run and not grow weary and will walk and not be faint.
It's all You, Father, all You.
In Jesus' precious name, the name above all names.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment