Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 162 Prayer Requests

What an honor it is to be asked to pray for others.  And what an honor to have others care enough to pray for me.  God is so amazing how He shows up in this sort of game of give and take.  I know that whatever we give out prayerwise, comes back tenfold and even more.

A special request today from my best friend Darlene.  We prayed a while back for her long time friend Ruth who recently completed three years of chemo for lung cancer.  She is going today for a followup petscan.  Shudder.............that's the radioactive one where you have to stay away from kids and pregnant ladies after being lit up.  So, today we're praying for a great report for Ruth.  She is a kind and gracious lady and deserving of God's healing mercies.

Also, Darlene's Chanel is going in for surgery today.  Prayers the tumor is not a malignancy.

Friend Frank, who we've prayed for, needs our prayers again.  He is having a hard time eating, has lost lots of weight and drs say they'll give no more chemo until he gains some weight back.  I understand what he's dealing with.   Mud mouth.  Everything is nauseating but in the long run, I've learned to sort of eat around it.  Prayers that Frank will too so he can continue with treatment. 

I made a new art friend last week, Clover, and she has posted an anonymous prayer request for my healing on her FB page.  She reported that many of her friends responded so now I'm being held up in prayer by a new group of friends.  How good and great our God is.  How amazing in the way He brings His people together so that in prayer our power is so much greater than just the sum of our numbers.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
You are the God of healing and restoration.  I believe in that and know that in my healing You are restoring more to me than was there before.  My faith, my belief, my awareness of Your presence in and around me at all times - all those feelings and senses have been heightened many times over and I am grateful. 
Thank You Father for hearing our requests that we raise to you in a unified voice for healing in the lives of our friends fighting this awful enemy.  Thank You Father for our brothers and sisters in Christ that hold each one of us warriors up in prayer.  Thank You Father for everything You do for us every day.  We give You all the praise, the honor and the glory.
In Jesus' name, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment