Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 168 Awake, Aware, Alive

I feel like I've just come out of a long dreary haze.  Thursday, Friday and Saturday, I fought nausea with meds and  sleep.  Yesterday, I was awake but weak and my equilibrium was out of kilter.  I couldn't walk in slippers or sandals without staggering from one side to another.  That was a first but it's gone today and I'm just feeling a little down.  Some of it is because of no sunshine.  Some of it is because the Cottonwood Festival in Richardson was this past weekend and in two weeks Artoberfest will be in Galveston.   Artoberfest is a special favorite, I love my spot in front of the Oyster Bar, and seeing long time collectors that have greeted me there every year since Ike. 

Before Ike, I sold my art through a gallery on The Strand in Galveston.  Hurricane Ike destroyed the gallery along with many pieces of my work.  The owners were able to dig three paintings out from under several feet of sludge left behind by nine feet of churning water.  I've washed and scrubbed and cloroxed the pieces to kill any bacteria left.  They're a little faded but still nice pieces.  One of my to do items is to coat them with a marine shellac and hang them on the patio.  They're still just as beautiful and, almost like a rock that has tumbled in water until it's surface is smooth and shiny, they have patina that none of my other pieces have.

I sort of acquaint that to me.  I feel like I've been hit by Ike and tumbled and churned and am curious how I'm going to look and feel and be when I've finished these last five treatments.   God's promises tell me that I'll be better than ever with stronger faith, deeper knowledge, and a new sense of joy that I've never experienced before.

Father God, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for another day on this earth.  Thank You for Your teachings that are interpreted and shared by so many of Your children.  I learn more and more every day.
You are the God of healing and restoration.  Jehava Rapha, thank you for touching the body of every one out there fighting cancer with your healing mercies.  Thank You for restoring to them more than they had before - greater faith, greater strength, greater knowledge.
Thank You for being there for us in every situation.  All we have to do is look for You and You are there.   It's all You, Father.  All You.
In the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names, the one true Messiah.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment