Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 171 Back Online

I was without my computer yesterday .........grrrrr.   Finally connected with a neat guy named Clay from Houston in the Little Rock call center that got me all fixed up.   Thank You Father.

I was able to have a productive day on Tuesday.  Today's word from Joel Osteen speaks to taking yourself out of your routine and everyday surroundings.  I did a little of that yesterday.  Took Chipper for a much needed bath, had lunch at TJinn's and then walked around Michael's for a while before shipping some more paintings, picking up Chipper and back home.  That was a huge day for me and meant several hours back on the couch.

The thing about chemotherapy is that it is different from other medications.  If you have an illness, you're given meds which, along with the cure, will make you feel better and stronger.  With chemotherapy, you're given meds which make you feel worse and the longer you take them the weaker  you get.  I've always considered myself strong and fit and able to do most everything on my own.  Yesterday, when coaxing Chipper into the back of the van, as I always do, I went to step up into the van and couldn't.  There was not enough strength in my legs to lift myself up.  I ended up having to set on the floorboard and swing my legs in and then crawl to a spot in the back where I could get him in.  This morning, I vacuumed and just that and moving the couch had my heart racing as if I'd just  run a mini marathon.  Back to the couch.  Now I have to rest up to get enough energy to go paint and, believe me, painting does require energy.... maybe more mental than physical, but energy nevertheless. 

More trees to paint today.  Friend Teri posted a picture of a bronze tree on her fb page today along with the scripture which I've personalized:

"The Lord stands beside me and is my protective shade."          Psalm 121;5

I still have my Trees of Many Colors to start and will as soon as I have the galleries supplied and the commissions done.  It keeps sounding like forever to get to that point but I actually was in the studio two days earlier this round than I was the last round.  I should be able to catch up today on lots of work and maybe get a little ahead of myself.  Woo Hoo.............

Blessed Father, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for this glorious day.  Thank You for the energy to create and produce work that honors You in the process.
Thank You Father for moving me a few days further along the path to cured.  I kneel in humble gratitude for every thing You do for me, no matter how large or how small.
I ask special blessings on friend Frank today as he goes to see his oncologist.  Let Your hand be the guide to his healing and recovery. 
Thank You Father for your healing mercies for everyone fighting this enemy called cancer.  Keep us in the palm of your hand today and let us feel the protective shade you're covering us with.
I ask these things in the precious name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment