Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 183 I'm Back, Again

Well, this has been a part of the journey I didn't anticipate at this time.  I was thinking I had the treatment pretty well figured out and under control and knew which days were recovery days and which days would be productive days.  Not so fast, grasshopper.  I was unhooked from chemo on Thursday, then went in for the shot to grow some more white blood cells on Friday.  Not too bad on Saturday but Sunday was another story.  It was bad enough for a mini meltdown which I haven't had in weeks and weeks.   Weak and shaky and, of course, the big N.....nausea.  Mel delivered food and I didn't get up until yesterday.  No body aches so far and I'm grateful for that. 

Now, here's good news.  Insurance sends a nurse practitioner once a year to make sure I'm lucid enough to take my meds.  Please.........   She checked blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen absorption, and for neuropathy.  A little neuropathy which is a side effect of the chemo, but other than being really pale, she said I was very healthy for being on chemo.  Yay!!! 

"Rejoice always.  Pray without ceasing.  In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."            I Thessalonians 5:16-18

So, I have plans for today.  Not sure how far I'll get with them but I'm working on a list.  Whatever I can't finish today, I'll just put off until tomorrow.  I feel like I've earned the right to a little procrastination.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I thank You for bringing me through another challenge.  I couldn't do it without You.  Forgive me for not praying when I'm at my sickest.  If it's a lack of faith, I ask that You strengthen me in my faith in You.  I know You're there for me and for all of us all the time.
I ask healing blessings, Father, for friend Barry who was in a motorcycle accident over the weekend and is in the hospital.
Thank You Father, for taking friend Frank through another round of chemo successfully.
Father, I ask special mercies for each cancer fighter out there today.  Strengthen us, fortify us for the battle against the enemy.  Help us to defeat the enemy so completely that it never returns.
I pray these things in the name of my precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment