Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 226 Enjoying Good Health

I think I have mentioned before that my favorite Bible is a Women of Faith Study Bible.  It has worn pages, coffee stains, tons of torn out articles and devotionals tucked inbetween pages and highlights and penned notes on almost every page.  It is like a beloved old friend.

This morning I was directed to the 4th verse in 3 John.

"I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well."

The note that I have penned at the bottom of the page is "Your body thrives as you thrive spiritually."
I think the reason I was led to that verse is a long conversation I had with a friend last night.
Lisa is a beautiful young woman, a leader in my church family, with a beautiful spirit and a fervent love of the Lord.  After having dealt with a melanoma a few years back, Lisa has just been diagnosed with multiple myeloma.  Throughout our conversation, Lisa praised Jesus for His goodness and love. 

I am asking for prayers for Lisa today and in the coming days as she deals with this enemy.  The myeloma has not been staged yet so we are praying that the urine and blood tests reveal low protein which would put her at stage 1 unless, of course, she has already been supernaturally healed.  Stage 2 would mean lengthy treatments to harvest stem cells for a transplant. 

Lisa gave me a verse that she prays daily and I want to share it with you here.

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for You are the one I praise."
Jeremiah 17:14

Thank you for including my warrior friend, Lisa, in your prayers.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I thank You for your daughter, Lisa, and for all she has done for You and Your church.  I thank You for the love for You that shines from her face and in her words as she gives You all the praise, honor and glory.
Father, You said that wherever two or more are gathered in Your name, there You are also and that You inhabit the praise of Your children.  As those who pray with me daily join me in prayer today and in coming days for Lisa, I know that You are in the midst of those words of healing, support, and miracles. 
I thank You in advance Father for the good report on her tests.  Just wrap Your healing arms around her, comfort her, and let her feel Your love for the special warrior that she is, fighting this hated enemy.  Defeat it so profoundly Father, that it never returns.
I ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above pain, the name above cancer, the name above myeloma, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment