Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 231 Beginning of the End

Ha ha ha.  That sounds rather ominous doesn't it?  Not so.  Tomorrow starts the process of my last joy juice.   Six months, twelve treatments of 50 hours of infusion each.  I'm about to make an appt for my bloodwork to be done tomorrow.  Then Tuesday starts the three day process of chemo. 

The weather is not cooperating.  It is supposed to be cold and windy on Tuesday which is the day for oxilliplatin.  Yikes.  That neuropathy reacts to cold resulting in purple hands and feet and stinging sensations.   I'll be wrapped up tight with gloves, extra socks and lots of mufflers wrapped around my throat and face.   I had none of that this last treatment without the oxiplattin but my fingertips, toes and mouth are experiencing neuropathy not associated with cold.  My fingernails, toenails and teeth feel loose.  They aren't, but the numbness of the digits have strange symptoms. 

The blessed scripture I was led to today addresses all of the above.  2 Corinthians 4:17,18.

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal."

As I face this upcoming treatment with a little hesitancy and concern, I have to remind myself that it is termporay.  Six months ago, I couldn't see the end and, even though this is the last one, it is hard for me to imagine being without all the side effects that I have been living with these last 24 weeks.  I have to take my blinders off to see the unseen.  I know, that sounds like an oxymoron but it isn't.  It is so easy to focus on what is happening right now and forgetting about what is to be, the unseen. 

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for helping to put my priorities in order.  Thank You for helping me to focus not on the seen which is temporary but on the unseen, that which is eternal. 
Thank You today Father, for blessing me, for healing me, for loving me, for forgiving me and for keeping my eyes where they belong. 
In Jesus' precious name, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment