Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 242 Gifts from God

That joy juice is still doing it's job.  The neuropathy has spread from my toes to the balls of my feet.  Hard to tell if I'm wearing shoes or not wearing shoes.  The inside of my mouth, my lips and the tip of my tongue are numb.  Weird.  At least the nausea is only a little in the late afternoon.  No meds necessary.

I visited my colon surgeon yesterday for a six month checkup.  He's so proud of his handiwork and tiny scar he left that he hardly checks on how I'm feeling.  Just in case he has asked, I would have told him I'm getting better every day in every way.  And I am.  Little backslides but not big ones.  There is truly a light at the end of the tunnel.

But what I want to talk about today are friends.  Lunch with my friend Darlene on Monday and with my friend Tineke today.  Those lost pounds might get found quickly.  God blessed me with two wonderful friends that took care of me in the hospital and want nothing in return but to see me strong and healthy again.  Two more angels in my life. 

I feel blessed and so hopeful today.  I know on some level that everything is going to be okay.  I'm not sure what "okay"  means but spending time with my friends takes me back to pre-diagnosis days.  What a blessing that is.  I wish that feeling for all my friends fighting this enemy. 

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank you for this brisk and beautiful day and for the privilege of spending another day with loved friends and family.  They are truly gifts from You.
Special prayers today for Your healing mercies on my warrior friends fighting cancer.  Grant them total victory.  Let them open their hearts to the loving care of the friends You've gifted them with.  Let them receive the intercessory prayers of these friends and bask in the love that is being sent their way. 
Thank You Father for friends.  Thank You. 
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment