Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 234 Almost Done

Let me say first of all that we have passed 5000 pageviews on my little blog.  Thank you to everyone who checks in and prays for me and with me for other cancer warriors.  I'm honored.

Went in yesterday for infusion and found out my blood count is still really low.  Dr. expected it to have jumped and it didn't.  White cells did come up some so that was good.  Liver enzymes still high.  So, that means I didn't get the oxilliplatin again.  Glad not to have to endure that but a little nervous at the same time.  The rest of the treatment is ongoing so I'm being infused while I'm writing this morning with the pump tucked into a fanny pack and secured around my waist.   It's the last one, praise God, and I'm feeling the weariness of the last six months.


This is me in the spring, feeling good and with no idea of what was to come.


Here I am getting hooked up for my last pump.  Twelve pounds down, half of my hair gone, dark circles around my eyes, lots of loose flesh and pretty weak.  Shudder.............     

" Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed (by cancer), for His compassions never fail."
Lamentations 2:22

Special prayer request today for my friend Lisa that I wrote about last week.  She has been diagnosed at Stage 2 multiple myeloma and will need another bone marrow sample taken to tell where she is within that stage.  Next is chemo, then harvesting her stem cells over a period of time.  Once enough good stem cells are collected, she'll have a transplant.  A long journey for her but she is one of God's warriors and will be victorious over this in His name.

Friend Frank that we've prayed for many times is finished with chemo for now and preparing for radiation treatments.  Prayers for a good outcome with that.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I love You so much and am so grateful for another beautiful day on this glorious earth that you imagined into creation.   Thank You for loving me and all of us in return.  Where would we be without You?  I can't even begin to imagine.
I ask for Your healing mercies today Lord for Lisa and for Frank.  Let them feel the comfort of Your
loving arms as You prepare them for the battle to come - one that is waged in Your name.
I ask special blessings on their medical staff, on their caregivers and on their church families that intercede for them daily in prayer.  Special blessings too for everyone who reads this blog and prays daily for these warriors.
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Jo, you are always in my heart. I hold you up in prayer. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete