Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 227 A Recipe for You

I am feeling really well today and in the kitchen and I thought I would share this recipe with you.  It started out as a Weight Watchers recipe and, diet or no diet, this has stayed one of my favorites.

My challenge is to keep as many antiangiogenesis ingredients in my daily food as possible.  For information on these foods that are believed to inhibit the growth of rogue blood vessels that feed cancer cells, go to www.eattodefeatcancer.org .  I'll note which ones are antiangiogenesis. (AA)

                                                                   Turkey Meat Loaf

2 tbsp olive oil (AA)
1 cup minced onion (AA)
8 oz. sliced mushrooms, chopped (AA)
1 cup shredded carrots, chopped (AA)
1 tbsp. minced garlic (AA)
1 lb ground turkey (AA)*
1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup ketchup (AA)
1 tbsp worcestershire
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp salt

Cook onion, mushrooms and carrot in olive oil until tender.  Add garlic and cook an additional minute.  Remove from heat and let cool.  Add turkey and remaining ingredients to the pan and using your hands, mix well.  Form into a loaf shape and place in a pyrex dish or place in a loaf pan.  Bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes.

***Notes:  Dark meat turkey is AA.  White meat is not.  I buy ground turkey at Walmart in 1lb. chubs.  The super lean one is mostly white meat so I buy the one that is 85% lean as it has more dark meat than the other. 
Once I've shaped the loaf, I smear it with yellow mustard, then with ketchup and then with a dash or two of worcestershire sauce.  You can top it with whatever topping you like on your meatloaf. 
Add bell peppers, squash, celery or whatever other veggies you like to use.

My kitchen is starting to smell really good and I'm hungry.  Just have to figure what veggies to pair with the meatloaf.

Father God, Jehovah Rapha,
I ask today that you give me and my fellow warriors a taste for the foods with healing natures and foods that will discourage the growth of cancer cells.  Guide us to those with the knowledge of what is best to eat so that we can fight this enemy nutritionally.  Teach us to love those foods that are natural and healthy and those foods that can help heal our bodies.
In Jesus' precious name.
Amen

Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment