Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 239 The Cycle Ends

Only as I awoke this morning did it finally start to sink in that I'm done with chemo and that today is not part of the cycle of recovery and then preparation for the next round of infusion.  Finally this morning I am beginning to feel the freedom that I so longed for the last six months, a day without thinking about cancer or chemo. 

So, what's next?  I have two months that should be nausea free in which to get back to my flax seed smoothies, carrot/apple juicing and trying to focus on alkaline and antiangiogenesis foods.  That's my job.  Medicine has done what it can for me thus far.  I'll admit I suffered tremendously with it but that time is past.  I know that God is in control, but I still have responsibilities. 

Six months on the couch mean that I have to start working physically to regain my strength.  God gave me a strong and healthy body that was invaded by a ferocious enemy, but I need to do whatever I can to make sure that invasion is over.   Exercise is my next step.  I won't walk outside because of seasonal allergies but I will start a gentle workout at Body Designer.  That will move some of the muscles that haven't moved or stretched in a long time.

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on...."
Phillipians 3:13

So, my work is cut out for me for the next two months.  Then I start a round of testing just like the one last spring to make sure the enemy hasn't invaded another part of my body.   I won't feel cured and safe until I reach that point.

Father God, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for another glorious day on your beautiful earth.  Thank You for loving me,, for healing me, for protecting me from the enemy.  You have given me authority over all the power of the enemy and I need to remember that daily as I prepare my body to be at it's best.  I ask that You give me the taste for the right foods to nourish my body and the energy to strengthen it. 
I know that whatever I ask in Your name will be granted.
These things I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment