Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 225 Another Angel

Throughout this journey, God has placed many angels in my path and I am grateful.  In this time of giving, I think I need to acknowledge another one.

Many friends have asked what they can do for me.  I know those offers come from a place of love and giving.  My repeated answer is that other than prayers, which I am honored for each one, there is nothing they can do for me.  It would be too easy to let myself become an invalid with others waiting on me when I could be doing things for myself.  It is very important to me to stay independent.

A few weeks back, the men who mow for me were here when I was hooked up to the joy juice pump and feeling and looking extremely pale and weak.  Juan asked what was wrong and I told him.   In his broken English, he said the would say prayers to God for me.

In the meantime, the tree in my front yard was looking terrible.  All sorts of volunteer weeds had turned into small trees and it bothered me every time I looked outside at it.  On Friday, Juan showed up with a crew of men and they cut down the volunteer trees, trimmed the main tree and told me the next time they were back they would trim the hedges.  When I fearfully asked how much I owed him, he said nothing.  He is just hoping for me to get well.

In the 15th chapter of Deuteronomy, it says to give generously and do so without a grudging heart and because of this the Lord will bless you in everything you put your hand to.  I think that Juan is being blessed and I give thanks for him.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I thank You for Juan and his generous giving and ask that You bless him in everything he puts his hand to.
In this season when we celebrate the birth of Jesus, I ask that giving be not limited to loved ones but to those in need.  You tell us many times throughout the Bible to be generous in our giving to the poor.  Where there is no extra money, remind us that we have clothes no longer used that will cover and warm those who have none.  Open our hearts and minds to what we may do for another in need.  Let this be a true celebration of more than just a Christmas tree with lots of brightly wrapped presents underneath.  Let it be a celebration of Your love and compassion and generosity.
These things I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment