Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 195 Better, Praise God

Yay!  I'm feeling better.  The only thing left from the treatment is my palms are very sensitive.  Chipper's soft fur feels like cords when I pet him.  Weird.  That's okay, it won't last forever and it's not debilitating.  I'm just excited.  I know that I'll have to rest a couple of times today but I think I'm ahead of schedule for recovery from my last round of joy juice.

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust Him."  Nahum 1:7

This was posted on FB this morning.  How awesome that we can be nurtured anywhere we turn.  I added it to my journal of favorite verses.  Nahum isn't a readily quoted book but what an wonderful promise to come out of it.  I know the Lord is good.  I know he's my refuge in times of trouble.  I know He cares for those who trust Him.  I feel so grateful to have Him on my side through this. 

What I'm looking forward to now is three more treatments and then regaining my strength.  I cannot wait for that.  Lots of things I simply can't do now and that doesn't set right with me.  I've always been an "I can do it myself" kind of person.   It's been a good lesson to have to rely on the help of others and even more, to rely on the prayers of others. 

It crossed my mind the other day that there are probably some people who have never had anyone pray for them.  Not because they're necessarily bad people but because they simply don't have God in their life nor does their family or friends.  How sad.  I was wondering what I could and I thought that when I'm out and about and see someone that looks lost spiritually, I can silently send them blessings.  Maybe I'll challenge myself when I next run errands to see how many people I can bless. 

Father God, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank you for starting me back on the road to recovery.  I feel better and I give You all the praise, honor and glory.  It's all You, Father, all You.
Help me this week to keep others in the forefront of my mind and prayers.  As I pray for my fellow warriors fighting this enemy, let me remember to pray as well for the lost and forgotten.  Let me bless each one I pass in some way.
I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. I have added all those souls that are undecided in their choice for the leadership of our nation.
    Just a please God, enter the hearts of those who want to deliver our nation into the hands of those that want to do us harm. Lead them to make the choice that is in Your Eyes, the best for America.
    Good to see you up and about, Jo.
    You could have given up long ago, but have tapped into that inner strength instilled in you by our Creator.
    Three sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete