Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 200 Not Alone

It's hard to understand the ups and downs of this crazy treatment unless you're going through it or have been through it.  I try to analyze what I've done, what I've eaten, what I should have done to make the difference in a good Monday, bad Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and now....a good Friday.  No rhyme nor reason to it.  I guess it's just how my body is assimilating the chemicals and which med is taking precedence over the other. 

Every time I have joy juice, I receive a list of the meds that are mixed into this divine cocktail.  Last time it was seven different chemos plus the meds I take orally to control the side effects.  What a strong body God has given me to be able to handle all of that stuff.  Thank You Jesus.

One of the scriptures I read this morning was this:

" Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure."   Psalm 147:5

That tells me that He knows everything I'm going through.  He understands what I'm dealing with and I'm not alone.   Truly comforting because I do feel alone sometimes.  No, I don't want anyone helping me.  For me, that would be like giving up.   The more independent I can stay, the more normal I feel.  I know some people don't understand and I'm so grateful for all the offers of cooking and shopping for me.  Those are things I can't relinquish. 

For two mornings now, I've been able to drink my own french press coffee.  For the past four months, it's tasted like mud and I finally found McD's coffee.  No need now.  Yesterday I cooked chicken breasts and veggies.  Making headway because I have been unable to stand the smell of food cooking.  I think my body knows only 3 more treatments and it's getting prepared for getting back to the food I need to be eating rather than eating whatever my stomach can tolerate.  Yay!

Two special prayer requests today from Grace who has been a great friend to this blog.  She is asking for prayer for Darla who, after a bout with breast cancer 20 years ago, has had it reoccur.  She is also asking for prayer for Charlie and Doris as Doris has been put in a home for Alzeheimer patients.  Thank you in advance for those of you who pray with us through this blog. 

Precious Father, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for Your unmeasureable understanding as You hold each of Your children in the palm of Your hand while they are dealing with sometimes seemingly hopeless illnesses.
We ask Your healing mercies today for Darla.  She was a victor over the enemy in the past and we pray that You strengthen her for the fight she is in today, giving her such complete victory over the enemy that he never returns.
We ask also for special mercies and blessings on Charlie and Doris as they step into another phase of her illness.  Grant them the peace that surpasses all understanding as they deal with the day to day heartache of this illness which is an enemy in itself.  Bless the families, doctors and caregivers of each one of these special people and let your comforting arms surround them as they feel the power of your love.
We ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment