Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 202 Happy Birthday ................

to me!!!!  I think that from now on, birthdays are going to have much more meaning than they have ever had before.   Before it was just another birthday.  Now, it's ANOTHER BIRTHDAY!!  Praise God!  I'm so grateful to be here and in relative good health.  I know that nothing will ever be the same again and that's okay.  Change is good.

Yesterday's Daily Word was about change and this statement has stayed with me.

"Just as the seasons change to allow God's life giving cycle to do it's powerful work, my life changes to allow God's life giving presence to do it's work in me."

I have to say that in the midst of a diagnosis of colon cancer and in the midst of six months of chemo, I've never felt so cared for or God's presence so intensely.  Something good can be found in every situation and if it is bringing me closer to God through my situation, instead of screaming that I want my life back, I can only say Thank You Father.

So, I have a restful day planned so I can spend the evening celebrating with my precious daughter, son-in-law and grandson.  They're frying oysters and shrimp for me and I can't wait.  

I have a prayer request for me today.  I'll be doing bloodwork tomorrow and if my white blood cells are too low, I'll have to have another shot to supercharge my bone marrow to produce more.  I had one after the treatment before last and it was the sickest I had been in a long while.  I'm asking for prayer that I won't need that shot this coming week.

Father God, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for another day on this glorious earth that You breathed into existence.  Thank You for another year to worship and honor You.  Thank You for change bringing You closer and more present in my life.
Father, I ask today that you bless my body with strong white blood cells so I won't need another shot next week.  You are the miracle maker and I am asking this in Jesus' name.
I ask Father that every cancer warrior out there today feel Your love and healing presence in their life as they go through the same changes that I am going through.  Bless them, strengthen them and let them appreciate all that You are doing for them every minute of every day.
In Jesus' name, the name above cancer, the name above all names.
Amen

1 comment: