Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 219 Bad News Good News

The bad news is that my blood platelets were too low to take a full compliment of meds yesterday.  That means that oxilliplatin, the big kahuna, was left out of my cocktail.  The good news is that oxilliplatin was left out of my cocktail yesterday.  I'm still hooked up and pumping two of the three chemos plus all the extras that go along with it.

The dose of benadryl sent me home to sleep for four hours.  Then the steroids kicked in so I was wired enough to not sleep last night.  The time off from the one chemical is going to give my platelets and white blood cells, which were lower than last time, an opportunity to rebuild and I won't need the shot to jumpstart the bone marrow for the white cells.   Yay!   

"I am fearfully and wonderfully made."         My new mantra.

It is so nice to wake this morning without trembling hands, a trembling voice, and not having to drink water from the side of my mouth so it doesn't pass the scaly feeling in the back of my throat.  This just sort of gives me a glimpse into what it's going to be like after my next/LAST round.  I know that I am going to heal quickly and get back on the road to strength in a very short time.  Why?  Because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 

I have been slacking off on my supplements because I've really been in the dumps the past few weeks, in case you haven't noticed, but am so encouraged today that I reordered BetaGlucan.  I only have one dose left and I don't want to run out.  I'm convinced that it is one of the things that has kept me from getting flu/cold/allergies through this.  That and staying in my house and out of crowds as much as possible.  I really just get out to buy groceries once a week and to ship paintings.  I also reordered AlgaeCal for bone density.  I already had osteoporosis and bone loss is another side effect of chemo.  If you're curious about either of these, you can find out about the clinical studies being done on BetaGlucan for supporting immune health at www.betterhealthway.com.  I learned about AlgaeCal on Dr Oz show and it, along with a booster, are proving to restore bone density.  www.algaecal.com .   That along with vitamin D, multivitamin for women and a probiotic has helped me so much.  I keep all of them in a basket plus my 3 antinausea meds on an end table by the couch where I veg.  I've moved them from the kitchen to the nightstand to the end table.  That's the place where I see them most often and remember to take. 

I'm planning a busy day today.  I'll let  you know tomorrow how I feel after I'm unhooked.  Time to get on with this glorious day.

Precious Lord/Jehovah Rapha,
Thank you for another beautiful day.  Thank You for the crisp mornings and the sunny afternoons.  Thank You for my home to shelter me and my car to transport me.  Thank You Father for my talent that allows me the money to honor you and to pay my bills.  Thank You for my precious family and for my church family that pray for me.  Thank You for the followers of this blog that pray for me and for the other warriors fighting this terrible enemy.  I thank You for the new discoveries made daily to wipe out cancer in all it's forms.  I thank You for the strength You give my fellow warriors to weather the storm.  After all, as a child of God, we are fearfully and wonderfully made and healing is in our dna.
Thank You Father, Thank You.
In Jesus' name, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment