Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 344 A New Beginning

I'm not sure why I chose this for the title of today's post except that I am feeling like today is a new beginning.  Fortunately, I have had many of them and look forward to many more.

After the storm that blew through here last evening, the sun is shining and birds are singing and everything seems to feel fresh and new.   I have not been feeling well the past week and I think it is allergies but today, I feel fresh and renewed.  House cleaning which I always put off as long as possible was done over the weekend and my home feels fresh and new.  Today is the first day of a new month and everything just feels fresh and new.

I shipped a painting to my gallery in San Antonio on Thursday that I titled New Beginning.  I often use that phrase to describe the horizon that is so prevalent in most of my paintings.  The horizon itself to me always represents hope and a new beginning.  www.texasgalgallery.com

Last night I watched the final episode of The Bible on TV.  I wondered how Jesus felt after His resurrection.  He must have felt relief that the worst part of His earthly life was behind Him, that He would be returning soon to His Father and that it all represented a new beginning for Him too.

It just makes me feel like taking a deep breath, feeling the excitement of starting over with a new day, a new life almost and a determination to be the best that I can be today for my God, and just sinking into the peace and joy of His love that is surrounding me.  How awesome it would be if I could start every day with that feeling of excitement of a new beginning.  May it be so.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I thank You for this feeling today of a New Beginning.  It is all from You, Father.  I leave the worries of cancer behind me today.  It is a new beginning of being the best I can be, of living the life You want for me, of being kind and loving and creative and excited and just looking forward to the good that You have in store for me. 
Bless each of my friends out there today dealing with cancer and fill them with the joy and happiness that this new day, this new beginning has in store for them.
These things I pray in the name of the risen Christ, Jesus.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment