Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 359 Deliverance

Oddly enough, throughout this entire journey, I never thought "Why Me?" about having colon cancer or about the surgery or about the chemo.  What I did think was "Why Me?" when it came to blood tests showing cancer markers going down and a pet scan that showed no new cancer activity in my body and now another trip today to the gastro to review last week's bloodwork that I am sure will show that my liver enzymes are closer to normal than they were last month.  

Why me?  Why am I delivered from this awful affliction?  Is it because I study about the lifestyle that I should follow to inhibit the growth of new cancer in my body?  Is it because I try to eat antiangiogenesis foods at every meal?  Is it because I have a profession that I love and that fulfills me and makes me incredibly happy?  Is it because I get the proper rest, although not enough exercise.  (Note to self:  gotta work on that more, Jo).   Is it because I love the Lord and make Him the center of my life?  Maybe yes to all these things. 

"In everything that he undertook....., he sought God and worked wholeheartedly.  And so he prospered."        2 Chronicles 32:21

Lately I have been taking a scripture that is meaningful to me and making it my scripture for the week, repeating it and meditating on it.  I also personalize so that this one now states:
In everything that I undertake, I seek God and work wholeheartedly.  And so I prosper.   For me, prospering means more than financial.  It means good health, love and happiness.  It's so amazing how reciting "work wholeheartedly"  has taken me back into the studio where I've been so prelific that there is no room for me to paint another thing until some of the paintings dry so I can move them out, ship them on and start on new ones. 

I just feel like I've been delivered.  I've been delivered from cancer.  I've been delivered from hepatitis.  I've been delivered from the fatigue and lethargy that plagued me last week.

"For You have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling that I may walk before God in the light of life."          Psalm 56:13

"The Lord said, Surely I will deliver you for a good purpose."    Jeremiah 15:11

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for delivering me.  Thank You for delivering me for a good purpose.  Open my mind and heart to understand that purpose and keep my feet from stumbling on the path You have set out for me to follow so that I may walk before You in the light of life.
Father, I ask that same deliverance for each of my friends in this terrible battle with the enemy, cancer.  You that know it is a life changing event and that they will testify to Your greatness in their healing.
Use them as You use me to help others, to inspire them to take better care of their bodies, to share their experience and to learn to love You more and lean on You more each day.
In Jesus' healing name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment