Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 352 Remembering

I woke this morning unrefreshed and too fatigued to read so I went to the couch to watch Christian tv to start my morning time with God.  Beth Moore spoke about moving from a home she had been in for many years and remembering...........  I've already forgotten the message.  Yikes, I really don't remember what it was but the word remember stayed with me.  Sorry, Beth. 

I remembered how a few short weeks ago we celebrated Easter.  We remembered Christ's miraculous birth, inspiring life and ministry, the torturous death He suffered and the glory of His resurrection.  For a short period, He was first and foremost in our thoughts as we remembered.  Then Easter was over, the baskets and eggs disappeared and we went back to our everyday lives and, somehow, forgot to remember.  It shouldn't, but I find that I have to remind myself sometimes to keep Christ first in my life and sometimes I have to work at remembering the miracle that He is.  I can call it to mind whenever I want and maybe that remembering is a miracle in itself.  I have to know Him, really know Him, to be able to remember that Easter experience over and over and over....and I do.

"Though you have not seen Him, you love Him and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an expressible and glorious joy."            1 Peter 1:8

I thank God for the inspiration that the Bible is and the reminders that I get from daily devotionals and from those who share the Word on TV as well as from my own Church.  I am so grateful for every source that comes my way every day so that I can remember..............

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Forgive me for sometimes letting my remembrance of You slip to the back of my mind.  Thank You, Father, for the daily inspirations that You send me through so many sources to remind me that You are my Saviour, You are my Healer, You are my Rescuer in all things and that it is all You, Lord, that makes this journey worthwhile.  Even though I haven't seen You and don't see You now, I remember and I believe and I love and honor You.
Thank You, Father, for counting me one of Your children.  I love You and bless You.
In Jesus' precious name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment