Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 364 A New Week, A New Revelation

If you follow this journal, you know that I hit a speedbump last Wednesday.  It took up most of the day plus time to whine and feel sorry for myself.  Fortunately it only lasted that one day and I was back on track.  My verse for last week was 2 Chronicles 32:21.

"In everything that he undertook....,he sought God and worked wholeheartedly.  And so he prospered."

And that is exactly what I did.  I can't tell you how many paintings I worked on and finished.  They're mostly dry so I'll start packing them up today to ship out to galleries.  The entire week was amazingly productive and I'm so grateful.

This week is already off to a good start.  First of all, I'm just going to do what I know to do for my health and I'm not going to worry about cancer or liver enzymes or anything like that.  Secondly, in church yesterday we talked about Jehovah Rapha and El Shadai, other names for God.  This morning I was reading in Romans and saw this.

"...the God who gives endurance and encouragement."     Romans 15:5

"....the God of hope."      Romans 15:13

It was a poignant reminder that He truly is my everything.   Not only is He the God who heals, and who provides, and who comforts but here it says He give hope and strength and the endurance needed to finish what needs to be finished.   So I know with Him on my side, as long as I work wholeheartedly, I will finish the work and be rewarded.  He does His part as long as I do mine.

My verse for this week reminds me that God does what He says He'll do and I should not doubt.

"God is not a man, that He should lie....Has He said and will He not do?  Or has He spoken and will He not make it good?"       Numbers 23:19 NKJ

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for this gorgeous day in which to enjoy and glorify the earth you created.  Thank You for this journey that has taught me so much, mostly to rely on You and others and that, even though I must do my part, it is only through You that the healing, the work, is completed.
Lord, thank You for Your word and the reassurance that Your word is good and that You do what You say You'll do. 
I just humble myself in loving gratitude for all You've done for me and for all You're going to do for me.
In Jesus' redeeming name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment