Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 347 Am I Not Through With Chemo Yet?

So, last week I didn't feel well.  I attributed it to allergies even though I had no symptoms other than fatigue.  I spent all day Easter Sunday on the couch and then on Monday I was like the little energizer bunny and the same on Tuesday.  I did more painting in those two days than probably in the last two months.  Yesterday, my energy level started waning around 10am and by 3pm, my day was done.  Back to the couch. 

Still draggy this morning.  I wonder again if it's allergies or if it's the last dregs of chemo still getting out of my system or if I need to do less on "feel good" days.   It's a little over three months since my last chemo treatment.  The nausea is all gone.  The neuropathy, which didn't appear until I was almost done with chemo, is strong and makes doing lots of things with my hands almost impossible but at least I have no pain or burning with it like some....only numbness.  No more hair falling out but the hair I lost doesn't seem to be coming back in.  I tried to fix my hair last week the way I've worn it for years - over to the right with bangs - and it was pitiful with bare spots showing through.  So, back to my slicked back gangster look.  The upside is that I can dry it in a minute. 

I just didn't feel like study this morning.  Thank goodness there is always Christian tv.  When I don't have the energy for anything else, I can turn on the tv and just let God's word flow out to me.  No exertion on my part.  Just lay there and absorb whatever it is that He wants me to hear.  I always receive from any of the shows I watch.  This morning it was TD Jakes and then Joyce Meyer.  Talk about a double whammy!

"Be attentive to my words....for they are life to those who find them and healing to all their flesh."
Proverbs 4:20-22

I'm leaving early in the morning for a long road trip to Arkansas to visit precious family and attend the wedding of my great-nephew.  That's a long drive but I'm looking forward to time with my daughter and son-in-law on the way there and back.  So, no journaling tomorrow but I'll be back on Monday.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
I thank You for the miraculous recovery I've made so far from the side effects of the chemo.  Help me to count it as a friend because, through it, You gave me healing from cancer.  I thank You for the good days when I feel like studying Your word and the creative energy to work for the two of us.  I thank You for the not so good days when I can just listen and hear Your word from others.  Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path and I am grateful.
Lord, I know that today so many are enduring the debilitating effects of chemotherapy to rid their body of the enemy, cancer.   I ask that You touch each one of them, giving them the strength and endurance to see Your face and feel Your love as they travel this journey.  It isn't easy but, in the end, if they will stay the course, they will emerge with a greater faith and love for You.  That, after all, is why we are here.
These things I pray, Precious Lord, in the name of Your Son, the one true Messiah, Jesus Christ.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment