Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 354 More Blood

I spent yesterday on the couch again and I feel pretty good today.  Seems that I can have two days up and then one day down to recuperate and then two days up again.  Actually, that's okay I guess.  My goal now is to get it to three days up and one down and then no days down. 

Today, it's back for more bloodwork.  I should have done it last week but forgot.  How about that?  I'm feeling pretty liberated that I'm not tied to the calendar and so worried about the outcome that I run ahead of schedule for tests.  This bloodwork is to recheck the liver enzymes and I know that they are continuing to go down the further I get away from the end of chemo.   I'll meet with the gastro next week to verify what I already know now. 

I spoke yesterday with the surgeon who placed the port for chemo about having it removed.  It requires out patient surgery and anesthesia.  When I meet with the gastro next week, I think he will probably schedule my next colonoscopy which also requires anesthesia so I'll have to decide which comes first.  Probably the colonoscopy.  The port isn't doing anything, just making a weird lump on my chest with what looks like an extra vein running up the side of my neck to the carotid.  No vanity left after all of this. 

"My daughter, forget not my law; but let your heart keep my commandments.  For length of days, and long life, and peace shall they add to you."    Proverbs 3:1,2

I have meditated on this verse quite a bit over the past few weeks.  First of all, it was pointed out to me that since "long life" is written separate from "length of days", it means more time in the day to do what needs to be done.  I loved that and repeated the verse over and over again.  Then this morning, my eyes seemed to skip past "length of days and long life" and focus on the word "peace".  It was almost as if I had never seen it in the verse even though I stated it every time I repeated the verse.  For someone who has gone through or is currently fighting cancer, "peace" is something they feel like they will never experience again.  I am here to testify that they can and will and I wish it for all of my friends in this battle. 

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Today Father I am asking for peace for all of my friends in the battle with the enemy.  I ask in Jesus name that you open their minds and hearts to the healing that is in Your word and the peace that comes with knowing You are there with them every step of the way.
I ask special peace for both Ruth and Jo who are fighting the reoccurence of lung cancer.  In each case the tumor has not grown and the doctors are taking a wait and see stance.  Let that time be a time of supernatural healing for both of them so that between now and their next exam, every sign of cancer will be eradicated from their bodies. 
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above cancer, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment