Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 351 Unconditional Love

I often hear the phrase "unconditional love" used, especially in reference to the love a parent has for a child.  I hear it used in reference to God's love for us, His children.  What I don't hear often is the term "unconditional love" used in reference to our love for God. 

I was thinking back this morning on my journey which is soon to reach the one year mark.  I was first diagnosed on April 23rd of last year and started this journal then.  One thing that I know for certain that I have learned through this is an unconditional for God and the Blessed Savior that I serve.  I loved Him through the diagnosis.  I loved Him through the surgery.  I loved Him through the chemotherapy treatments.  I loved Him when tests showed that the cancer may have spread.  I loved Him when the tests showed that I was free of cancer.  I loved Him when tests showed that I did not have a chemo induced hepatitis.  I loved Him when I had only enough energy to paint for two or three hours a week.  No matter what, I loved Him.

He loved me throughout this journey as well.  He loved me when I complained and He loved me when I cried and He loved me when I felt like I couldn't complete treatment and He loved me when I was ready to die because I just couldn't stand being so weak and so sick any longer.  No matter what I did, He loved me.  And no matter what I went through, I loved Him back.  My prayer for my friends and loved ones are that they can be secure in the knowledge that they are loved unconditionally and feel the absolute joy of returning that love ... unconditionally.

Precious Lord, Jehovah Rapha,
Thank You for loving me unconditionally.  I am so blessed and so grateful.  Sometimes my heart is so full that I feel overwhelmed.  You told me recently to "slow down and just love You" and I do.  I love You unconditionally, no matter what.  I know that I can handle anything with You beside me. 
Father, I ask that same joyful feeling reach everyone of Your children today fighting the enemy, cancer.  Let them know that in the midst of possibly the worst time of their lives, they can still know the happiness of feeling Your love for them and returning that love in the same way.
Thank You, Father.  Thank You.  It's all You.
These things I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the one true Messiah.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment