Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dar 92 It's Whine Time!

Went for blood work on Monday in preparation for this round of chemo.  Blood work - Good!
Thank You, Jesus.

Then yesterday for chemo.  This round is to be with all three components of the cocktail.  First of all, there were three bags of chemo drip and then the pump filled for me to bring home.  Left the hospital and the alarm on the pump went off so I had to turn around and go back.  Sigh.  Someone.........had missed unclipping one of the tubes.  Easy fix and on my way back home, feeling okay but just a little tired. 

Four o'clock came and a world of nausea unleashed itself on me.  It was two hours of porcelain hugging nausea but no throwing up.  I took another of the meds for that two hours early.  Nothing.  I tried to eat a cracker and the other side effect had kicked into effect.  It was like an electrical shock to nerve endings in the back of my mouth, under my jaw all the way up and behind my ear lobes.  I started to cry and, oh my gosh, same thing inside my eyelids.  Let me tell you, I cut that cry off and dried up those tears in a hurry.  Yikes!

I had three or four more rounds with the nausea throughout the evening but each one was a little lighter and of shorter duration.  Praise God.  A little tingling in my feet and hands but nothing to really complain about.  My daughter brought me some 7Up and Mentos that a friend said had helped her dad when he was going through chemo.  Not so much for me.    My grandson brought me some soft dinner rolls because I felt like I could eat those.  So, my day's diet from noon on was 3 dinner rolls and some crackers.  I began to think that, hey,  I'm a child of the 60's and 70's so whatever came of the discussion about medicinal marijuana?  Just kidding...........
Well, sort of just kidding.  If some had appeared yesterday around 5pm, I would have gladly accepted it. 

This morning, just a little "not right" in the tummy and heading out for day 2.  More chemo and another day of pump.  I know today is going to be a much better day.  My body is so wonderful and doing such a great job adjusting to all of this poison being thrown into it and I'm proud of it. 

Precious Lord,
I am asking and believing this morning for special blessings for all those people undergoing chemo, some for years and many with side effects much much worse than I have experienced.  Hold them in the palm of Your hand today, ease their suffering, let the chemo find it's target so that the enemy cells are obliterated and unable to reproduce.  Wrap Your comforting arms around them so they feel the warmth and strength of Your total love.
Forgive me for whining when I forget what this is all about, a complete healing so that I'll be able to do more for You, to serve You better.
These things I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, the true Messiah.
Amen

 

1 comment:

  1. Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid." Isaiah 12:2
    Sorry you are having such a rough time with the meds this go around. Whenever you pop into my head (how DO you do that?) I say a little prayer that these side effects will get no worse.

    ReplyDelete