Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 76 Two Days Reclaimed

I last wrote on Saturday about reclaiming my life.  It was a great day and I finished up with a few hours of painting, working on some larger pieces I had already started.  Standing with my right arm up for an extended time did irritate the port but that was the last of the "big" painting to do on these pieces so I'll finish them flat.  Let me just say here that researchers should find a different spot for ports on women of a certain age who no longer have firm muscular chests.  Just saying..........

Yesterday was back to Church for the first time since surgery and it was so wonderful to be back with that family of God's children.  Afterward a quick trip to the store for a few items and then I did get more painting done.  Yay!

The difference between the last two days and before?  Well, for one thing I began to make a to do list which before all of this started I did on an almost daily basis.  No, I didn't get everything on the list done but I did complete a lot more that I would have otherwise.  Praise God.  So, today another list to complete.  First is a trip to Methodist for bloodwork to make sure my blood count is ready for chemo which I'm sure will be fine.  This will be done before each treatment so I plan to research which foods will help me keep a healthy blood count and try to balance them with my antiangiogenesis and alkaline foods. 

Tomorrow is my first chemo treatment and I admit I'm a little nervous about it.  I know the port will be flushed and then treatment started...........slowly to see how I'm going to tolerate everything.  I'm sure I'll be fine and it'll proceed with no problems but I do have some butterflies about this first one.  I wish it was today so I can just get it over and done with. 

Church yesterday was wonderful.  Allan Frizell, Lefty's baby brother for old time country music lovers, was in concert and gave his testimony mostly through some amazing songs he's written since giving up the glitz and glamour of the big stage for a bigger stage with a little less glamour but a lot more glory.  The service ended with a corporate prayer for healing for everyone there needing a healing.  Pastor RO spoke on the importance of praying for others.  I've written before that when I begin not to feel God's presence, I can get quiet and start to pray for others and He's immediately there with me.  In the book of Job, after undergoing the most incredible losses, everything Job had lost was restored and more "when he prayed for his friends."   I invite you to join me in prayer today for these people fighting cancer. 

Precious Lord,
We come to You this morning with a special request for some special children of Yours.  We are asking Your favor and healing spirit to move mightily in the lives of Susan who is undergoing surgery today for breast cancer and for Tracy who is also fighting breast cancer and having issues with her kidneys and for Anna who is also fighting breast cancer. 
We ask Father that You show them what they can do to take an active and aggressive part in their own healing as You guide their doctors to do the best for them that modern medicine can do.  If it is in Your will to heal them supernaturally, we give You all the praise, honor and glory for that.
Father, we are so honored to pray for these precious women and thank You for everything You do for them.
These things we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment