Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 69 Port is in and I'm ready to go!

Let me say first that I had an awesome weekend.  Felt good Saturday and actually got in a few hours of painting.  I've been trying to do that for weeks and finally made it into the studio.  On Sunday, watched some wonderful Christian TV and then cooked for my two main caregivers, Darlene and Tineke.  We had a really great time.  I love to cook and it was just a small thank you for all they've done for me already through this journey.

Darlene spent the night and up at 5am to get to the hospital by 6am for the procedure.  As usual, the first sign of drugs and I was out like a light.  I'm not sure they even have to put them into my iv.  Just walk my direction with a needle in their hand and I'm almost out.  Woke up pain free, yippee!!!    Well, this latest thing is as unattractive as can be.  First they went in at my neck.  I now have a giant vein sticking out of my neck.  Then under the clavicle, a 3" incision and a quarter sized lump below that.  Oh well, it's all in the name of healing.  No big deal.  Some pretty scarves to tie around the neck and I'll be good to go.
I'm ready for the chemo and ready to poison those hated cancer cells. 

Okay, you would think at my age that I'm not very naive.  I don't think I'm in denial but am still amazed at how I just assume things about this condition.  I thought the cancer was Stage I.  Turned out it was Stage III.  I know that one of the 25 nodes taken during surgery tested positive, yet one word I never associated with my journey is "metastasized."   I don't think I've ever even spoken that word out loud.  Then reading over one of the chemos I'll be receiving,  I read that it is specifically for colon cancer that has metastasized.  Yikes!  That means me! Just because it isn't in any organs, I didn't feel like it had spread.  Well yes, it has spread.  Only to the lymph nodes, praise God, but it has spread to locations outside the colon.  Sigh............  This may be a tougher journey that I anticipated. 

But that's okay.  At this point I sort of feel like a patchwork quilt, but I'm God's patchwork quilt and I know that healing is in God's plan for me.  He is taking me on such an incredible journey and all I need to do is keep the faith, do my part and He'll do His part. 

Precious Lord,
Thank You for my family, my friends, my art family, my church family, and the people I don't even know that bless me with their prayers and loving thoughts every day.  I am so grateful. 
Thank You, Father, for this new direction You've given me whereby I can serve you by doing more for Your children than I would ever have done otherwise.
Father, I ask your blessings on each and every person on the same journey that I am on.  Give them a purpose and direction that will help them handle their journey in such a positive way that they totally destroy that enemy that is working to destroy them.  Comfort and heal them.
These things I pray in Jesus' name.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment