Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 84 Staying Ahead in the Count

As a child, growing up in Maracaibo where many major league baseball players came to play winter ball, my Mother and I were rabid baseball fans.  Luis Aparicio's team, the Gavilanes, was my favorite.  We were often the only Americans and almost always the only women at the games but were always treated with respect.  Later I became an Astros fan......... until Bagwell and Biggio retired.  Now, not so much.  But one thing I know about baseball, it's important for the pitcher to stay ahead in the count, to have more strike pitches than ball pitches going with any batter. 

That's how I feel about this nausea med.  I have to stay ahead of the nausea.  Once it hits, it's really too late for the med.  I wrote yesterday about Gracie sharing that I should take my first one of the day before I even get out of bed.  Grace was a nurse and that's advice she shared with her pregnant patients and thought it would probably work for me too.  I tried it yesterday and, all of a sudden, I'm like a new person.  I ate three meals yesterday and even juiced in the afternoon.  I had a productive day in the studio.  Same thing this morning.  Yay.  Actually having some coffee and I'm feeling good.  My paints are out and once I finish this morning's journaling, I'm off to paint again.   How awesome is that?

I've heard it said that coincidence is God's way of staying anonymous.  God reconnected Gracie and I through a picture I posted online of a cake I had made.  We probably haven't seen each other in over 20 years.  But my experience helped her make a decision that may well have saved her life and her advice has given me back my quality of life.  God is so very good and I give Him all the praise, honor and glory.  All the time.

So, what's next?  Now that I feel like I'm back in control instead of cancer being in control, I may have some decisions to make about my treatment.  Not sure and I have some serious talks with the Lord in front of me.  No, I'm not quitting treatment.  Yes, I would love a supernatural healing but if that is not in God's plan for me right now, that's okay.  My job is to determine what is His plan.  I am just wondering now if one of my doctors is the right one for me.  I am in a fight for my life and I want to feel like he is too and right now,  I'm not sure that we're both on that same team.  So.......will see. 

Longtime friend, Anice, contacted me that a church friend of hers is a five year victor over colon cancer and I spoke with that lady yesterday.  It's so awesome to communicate with people who have won because it seems there are more and more of us every day in this battle.  I hear daily of more and more people that I know with cancer.  It's almost like something is in the water.  If it were some sort of contagious bacteria or virus, that would be one thing.  But to have cells go haywire inside our body and begin to destroy us from within is quite another matter.  How is it that so many people are dealing with this same disfunction?  It has to stop now.

Precious Lord,
I am so blessed and grateful today that You have put people in my life to help me, inspire me and give me the courage and motivation to fight and defeat this hated enemy.  Please bless each one of them who have taken time to write, share and pray for me through this journey so far. 
I am asking Lord that You let my experiences that I share of this journey provide that same courage and motivation to others in their battle against this hated enemy. 
Thank You for this glorious day, for another day to be here in the midst of Your children and to revel in the beauty of Your creation.  Let that feeling work it's way through everything I paint today.
These things I ask in Jesus' precious name.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment