Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 85 A Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood

I feel like I should start a different countdown because it's another day of feeling good.  Third day and I am a happy happy girl.  I will say that on Sunday I was ready to give it all up.  Amazing what a difference a little pill can make when taken at the right time.  I had a huge paint day yesterday and have my paints thawing so I'll be ready to hit the studio again shortly.   Thawing?  Yes.  I use an impasto ingredient to help the cad red oils dry a little faster and by putting the palette in the freezer when I'm not using them, the ones left overnight won't dry out overnight. 

A huge decision made this morning.  God and I have been talking a lot lately.  The chemo cocktail that is the most desirable for Stage III colon cancer is pretty costly and I started my treatment last week with only two of the drugs, less the most important one, thinking I just couldn't pay my portion of the cost.  God just showed me this morning that it can be paid for.  Why did I ever doubt Him?   No, I didn't receive a surprise check in the mail to cover it, although that would be pretty nice.  What I did receive was the sale of my booth in Wimberley that will cover the first few treatments.  Only twelve treatments, remember.  The cancer policy should pay for two and at least one of the grants for copay assistance should come through with enough to cover a couple more.  Then, I am asking my art family to help by considering a purchase of another one of my paintings.  They don't know how important they are to me because one of my main focuses through this whole thing has been getting back into the studio in front of an easel.  And, yes, I am happy to report that I again have paint under my fingernails, smudged on my face and back all over my clothes.   God is good.

Did I tell you I am feeling good enough to start back on my supplements?  Well, I am.  Back to cooking and more antiangiogenesis food.  The frozen meals were okay for a day or so but too much sodium.  I'm thawing out some of the lima beans I made last week and planning on that today with either broccoli or spinach and a sweet potato.  All three AA.  More info on those foods at www.eattodefeat.org .   Great website.

Lord, Lord, Lord,
I am so grateful for all You do for me.  I just feel overwhelmed this morning with Your goodness.  How can I even begin to express what I'm feeling.  Tears are flowing as I think about how much You love Your children and how much I love You.
I want so much for everyone fighting this disease to know Your goodness and compassion and to know they are not alone through this.  That no matter what happens, You are there with them and for them.  Help me to share that feeling, that knowledge and that confidence that You, Father, are the one true God, that You are the Creator and the Saviour. 
Father, I ask that Your healing spirit move mightily within each one of us fighting this enemy so that it is defeated, totally eradicated and never to return.
Iin Jesus' precious name, the name above all names.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment