Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 90 Can it only be three months...........?

Ninety days.  Can it only be three months since my life was turned upside down?  Oh my gosh, I feel like I've been fighting this enemy forever.  In the last three months: diagnosis, surgery, recovery, outsurgery for port and first chemo.  One and a half months of diarrhea and two weeks of nausea.  Wow, could it just get any better than this?! 

Ups and downs, highs and lows.  Through it all there has been amazing support from family, friends, church, and art family.   How lucky I am.  I have to tell you that writing here every day has been incredibly cathartic for me.  I have vented here when I couldn't anywhere else.  I can whine here when I don't want to whine to anyone else unless they judge me for feeling sorry for myself.  It has brought new friends into my life and old friends back into my life.  This past week, I have had online visitors from Russia, Germany, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil and Indonesia.  I know that some of the readers probably just stumbled upon the blog and might not ever be back but others are regular readers.

Yesterday at church, our guest minister was Jesse Lee Turner, old time rocker who now writes and sings for Jesus, and three time cancer victor.  At the end of the message, he asked everyone who has been touched by cancer to come forward for prayer.  It was quite moving to see almost everyone in the church come forward.  Jesse, who goes to MD Anderson, said that over the last ten years that he has been going there he has seen it triple in size and treatments are now being given daily through midnight.  On top of that, they have satellite facilities giving treatments in several other areas throughout Houston.

We all at some time or other wonder what we're here for, what our service or ministry should be and how do we fulfill our purpose.  I know that these writings have done some good for some people.  If that's the reason for this journey, then I accept it willingly and gratefully.   I share my experience so that others on the same path know that they're not on it alone.  I want them to know that no matter what, God is there for them. 

"For I AM the Lord, your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear, I will help you."     Isaiah 41:13

I hope that I can encourage some to read their Bible a little more than they might have otherwise and maybe help them turn more often to prayer  for others and for themselves than they did before.   It is a privilege to pray for others and  I want to say how honored I am to have so many people praying for me.  It is really humbling.  My job is to pass that blessing along by continuing to pray for others.

Father God,
I thank You for all You have shown me through this journey so far.  I am open and receptive to whatever else it is that You want me to learn as I continue.  I ask, Lord, that You let my words be a comfort to others on this same journey as they become more and more aware of Your healing spirit moving mightily within them. 
Bless every cancer fighter, both patient and provider, and every cancer victor.  Let Your insight and inspiration disclose to the world how we can defeat this hated enemy.  Help each of us to learn how to draw closer to You through this experience.
We love You, Lord, and thank You for every day that we are here.
We pray in the precious name of Jesus Christ, the name above all names.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment