Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 81 This is Crazy!

Most of you know how hard I've worked to keep my diet alkaline and antiangiogenesis since the diganosis.  Well, let me tell you, chemo has sent that all to heck.   I'm not sure if I'm hungry or just nauseated.  My sense of taste is totally out of whack and I mean totally. 

Yesterday was not an up day but I woke hungry.  Looking through the fridge I realized the container of apple juice was turning my stomach so I had to pour it out.  I knew my cancer fighting smoothie was a no go.  So, I decided to try an egg and a slice of Ezekiel bread toast.  Forget that.  I ate just enough to take my vitamins but those didn't sit well with me either.  So next was a med for nausea.  Then 10:30am found me sitting in the drive thru at Hartz Chicken waiting for them to fry up some chicken livers.  WHAT?!?!?!?!  Yes, chicken livers!  I could not even wait to get home with them and started stuffing them in my mouth while I was driving.  Now, I like fried chicken livers okay but I probably haven't had any in at least two years.  And having them for a late breakfast has never been a choice on my menu.  I can't even tell you if they were all that good or not, I just knew I had to have them.  All I can attribute it to is that my body needed some nutrient really badly and that was where I was going to get it.  I had some of them cold for lunch and a few more cold for dinner.  How weird is that?

Not sure about today.  I have had a sip of ginger ale and a bit of a soft roll this morning but not ready for anything else yet.  I guess I'll just wait until I'm really hungry and see where my car takes me.  Hopefully not back to Hartz.

Now for some good news.  I did paint on Thursday.  Received an email from my San Antonio gallery that he has three commissions for me.  Jerry called them a "wish list" because he didn't want to put any pressure on me to get them done.  That pressure is exactly what I need right now and I'm incredibly excited about it.  Yay.  A little sense of normalcy means so much. 

A praise report:  Darlene's friend Ruth who has been fighting lung cancer and undergoing chemo for the past four years has been declared cancer free!  We prayed for her a few weeks back and I knew she had been in the battle for a while but I had no idea how long.  What a victory that is.  And here I am whining after just one single treatment.  Shame on me. 

Precious Lord,
We come to You this morning filled with gratitude for Ruth's victory over this hated enemy.  We ask that her victory is total and complete and she never has to deal with cancer again in her life.  Let her tenacity and strength be a shining example of how to fight this battle. 
I ask Lord that You forgive me today for my weaknesses, for my self pity.  Help me to be stronger and increase my resolve every minute as I wage the same battle as so many others.  Give us all the knowledge and the strength for a final victory while praising You all the while.
I am so grateful to be one of Your children.  You are truly my Father, my Lord and my Savior.
These things I pray in Jesus' precious name.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Zofran is an anti-nausea med that is tiny, dissolves on the tongue and tastes like bananas (sort of). You can keep it at the bedside and pop one as soon as you wake. No need to eat first (that is the beauty of it!)
    Works great (NO sleepy effects) actually makes me a bit hungry.
    If you don't have it, ask one of your Docs for an Rx.
    Hugs!
    gracie

    ReplyDelete